Best company to get groceries delivered to hotel?

jliucci

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I started an order on Amazon's Fresh but i am noticing a lot of stuff from my cart is out of stock (apple sauce pouches, juice boxes). Where do you order your groceries from for your Disney Vacation from? We are staying at Art of Animation next month and will not be renting a car.

Thank you.

We have used Garden Grocer and Walmart. Garden Grocer is great but their prices are really high. We mainly just use Walmart now.

I don't know what you mean by 'best'. Is that lowest price, or lowest amount of time, or easiest to shop, or has the best selection of named brands?

Names that haven't been mentioned are Amazon Prime, Instacart, Ubereats

We use instacart with Publix. You do get the sales which is really nice. They do a lot of BOGO. The sales change on Thursday - so you need to watch when you do the order. If you order on lets say Wednesday for Friday delivery.. the prices and sales you see on Wednesday will not be the prices when they pick the order on Friday.

We also have started using Instacart with Publix. We always used to use Amazon Fresh, but our last few trips they never seem to have what we need in stock.

Kroger delivery is an option now, too. (Full disclosure: I work at the fulfillment center)

I have used Shipt the last two WDW trips for grocery delivery with good success. Shipt allows you to select delivery from a list of several local grocery stores. You can't have delivery from multiple stores in one delivery, but you get to pick which store you want your Shipt shopper to shop in.

We've used instacart for Publix for 2 trips now. As well as instacart for walgreens for a couple additional essentials mid-trip.

I usually use Dizzy Dolphin, but this past trip used Instacart with Publix and it was fantastic. Had my delivery in 2 hours, and the shopper was texting me to see if I was okay with certain substitutions. Would use Instacart again in a heartbeat.

I have used Instacart delivering items from Aldi twice now. First time it was fantastic, second time was bad enough that I am going to try Amazon this year. The driver was horrible, even swore at me a few times over the phone. He was demanding to know my room number (which I refused to provide, the order was to be delivered to PopCentury bell services and was noted as such). That driver was bonkers.

I have used Instacart delivering items from Aldi twice now. First time it was fantastic, second time was bad enough that I am going to try Amazon this year. The driver was horrible, even swore at me a few times over the phone. He was demanding to know my room number (which I refused to provide, the order was to be delivered to PopCentury bell services and was noted as such). That driver was bonkers.
I hope you reported that experience to Instacart! That driver should be fired.

I hope you reported that experience to Instacart! That driver should be fired.
I did. Instacart replied that they were sorry for what i experienced and hoped that my next experience was better, they gave me a coupon code but I remember thinking it wasn't really much in the way of an apology. I don't know if the driver was inexperienced, he seemed clueless what to do. I had allocated his tip when I placed the order and I would have been happy if Instacart would have just said 'here's your 25% tip back" because I didn't deserve the nasty name calling because he was confused.

I used Vacation Grocery Delivery in September after reading a TP blog post about it from August. They did a great job and you're supporting current and former CM's.

DD & I both use Garden Grocer. The earlier you place your order, the bigger the discount. Neither of us have had any problems with our orders.

I did. Instacart replied that they were sorry for what i experienced and hoped that my next experience was better, they gave me a coupon code but I remember thinking it wasn't really much in the way of an apology. I don't know if the driver was inexperienced, he seemed clueless what to do. I had allocated his tip when I placed the order and I would have been happy if Instacart would have just said 'here's your 25% tip back" because I didn't deserve the nasty name calling because he was confused.

Instacart shoppers don't actually work for the company, they're gig workers, so if there is an issue at worst that particular worker gets banned from the app. Unfortunately your experience pretty much tracks if there is a problem. But I will say that I've been using them for years at home and Disney, since way before the pandemic even, and have had issues maybe twice. It's pretty rare. Most shoppers in my area and that I've had in Orlando are experienced and highly rated. They get bonuses based on a tier system so it actually pays for them to be highly rated.

I have used Shipt the last two WDW trips for grocery delivery with good success. Shipt allows you to select delivery from a list of several local grocery stores. You can't have delivery from multiple stores in one delivery, but you get to pick which store you want your Shipt shopper to shop in.
Shipt is owned by Target. They seem to charge regular Target pricing. They, like most services, mark up regular pricing. Expect to be more then store pricing when ordering from non Target stores.

They'll deliver from liquor stores, fees.

Best liquor deal is if the Target store they shop at sells liquor. Many VISA cards include a trial membership

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter