Best, Cheapest, and Fasted Way for 1 person form LAX to DLH?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
Hello!
In one week I will be on my solo trip to DLR!
I get into LAX at 1:45 (unfortunate airport , but saved hours of travel and lots of dollars from Philly nonstop.)
It looks like Karmel shuttle is mentioned all over, but might stop at other hotels?
Uber/Lyft would be just me, but have to haul my suitcase to the rideshare lot and then wait for the rideshare. Also looks like they are pretty much in the same price range, with the win to the rideshare .

What would you all do? If you had to go in to LAX?

If you do Uber Black they can pick you up curbside at arrivals; no need to hoof it to the LAX-it lot. That will be the best and fastest way. Cheapest? Not so much. But you can't have it all.

I'm interested in this too. My adult son will be flying into LAX the day before us and he will need to get to a good neighbour hotel near DL for his first night. I was thinking of Uber but would love to hear of people's experiences with the Karmel Shuttle.

I usually just check Uber and Lyft. I find that Uber is cheaper leaving LAX and going back Lyft is cheaper. The shuttle to the rideshare area really isn’t that bad, but they do pack the people in.

You can schedule an Uber ride in advance. The car will be waiting for you (you get extra wait time) and you get to lock in your rate. I just checked and a 2:30PM pick-up next Wednesday is $58. So, you get an awesome rare and piece of mind knowing your vehicle will be there. You can take the bus or walk to the lot. It’s closest to T1, but even from T4/5 (AA) it’ll likely be just as fast to walk.

In 2002, I was basically a kid strapped for cash and SuperShuttle charged OW$38 for shared service from Disneyland to the airport (and their drivers were aggressive for tips). Uber is a bargain these days…

Not going to lie, I loathe the ride share pick up lot at LAX. It sucks. It just does. No other way to say it.
But nonstop and saving $$$ makes it worth it, I understand completely.

I have found Uber/Lyft is much cheaper than Karmel (almost half the price) so that is what we use if we have to go to LAX. I just know when I am taking that dumb bus to the lot that I am saving money to use in the parks. :thumbsup2

And I have used Karmel before, when we needed a car seat. I had no issues with them. I just can't see paying nearly double versus Uber/Lyft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter