• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Character Meal?

SA53

DIS Veteran
I was wondering what was the best Character Meal experience, food and character wise? I have a dd (5) and a ds (9) so can do 2 meals. One will need to have princesses involved and the other is up in the air. Also, is it 60 days out to make reservations and what does that entail? :confused3

TIA
Kereen

The two we enjoyed the most (neither with princesses as we have boys.....) were Goofy's Kitchen(breakfast) and Captain Mickey's at Ariel's Grotto(lunch). The food and service at Goofy's was MUCH better, and there was plenty of character interaction (we got there right at opening time). Captian Mckey's had wonderful games with the kids - my Niece said it "Was the best restaurant she had ever been to...." she had chicken strips..... obviously she wasn't talking about the food! We ate outside, the characters had a blast with the kids doing the limbo, conga line, etc out under the gazeebo area.
The service there really was slow, the menu limited and the food was so-so. But the kids LOVED it - more so that Goofys. At Goofys we were seated right away, but even with a PS at Ariel's (and this was not a busy time of the year) we waited 45 minutes to be seated.... the whole meal took 2 hours.
Anyway- Everyone's experience varies, though - I'm sure mine was different than most! We still had a great time and we'll still do it again!

Another vote here for The Lilo & Stitch Breakfast at PP.

Food was fantastic, character interaction was awesome and it was cheaper than Goofy's Kitchen.

That's my vote and I'm stickin' to it! :rotfl2:

I also have to agree with the OP

LILO & STITCH at PP!

If you are looking for a Fantastic NonCharacter Breakfast............

Try Granville's at the DLH!

The Eggs Benedict are to die for! ::yes:: ::yes::

Plus they have a surprise for the kiddies.

janet

Until trhis year it was alweays DH and I (now DD) on our trips. We wouold always go to Goofy's kitchen and Storytellers. We've never done the Minnie and Friends which is now at the Plaza Inn, but we had done the Winnie the Pooh one which was there before. And didn't care for it as much.

LILO and STICH!!!
You can order off the menu so it can be VERY cheap if you wanted :).
The character interaction was awesome. While we were there the kids learned the hula and played Lost Island which is like musical chairs but with Islands ont he floor.. stich played with them.. what a riot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter