Best chance of switching for Nov 5 arrival?

XMom

DIS Veteran
We currently have a reservation at AKL-Jambo for a studio for Nov 5-10. We want to switch at the 7 mo mark to either:
Boardwalk
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge
Saratoga Springs

Which one do you think we would have the best chance of switching to? Would it be easier to do online or to call 1st thing on April 5th and speak to customer service so if one isn't available they can go to the next?

When switching resorts, is it like making a new reservation online? I have not done it before and am a bit nervous about screwing it up.

Thanks!

Just from reading lately I can tell you BWV and BCV will be difficult. That is the last weekend of food and wine festival and a half marathon as well.
Daisyx3

Just from reading lately I can tell you BWV and BCV will be difficult. That is the last weekend of food and wine festival and a half marathon as well.
Daisyx3

I think you stand your best chance at BWV pool garden view. SSR should be available, and VWL possibly.

If you are switching on line and need the points, you will have to cancel what you have, then book.

Since you want less than a week, you could check on availability before hand, cancel what you have, then book the week if available and have the points. You can get rid of the extra nights when the 7 month from the first day you want comes around.

We currently have a reservation at AKL-Jambo for a studio for Nov 5-10. We want to switch at the 7 mo mark to either:
Boardwalk
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge
Saratoga Springs

Which one do you think we would have the best chance of switching to? Would it be easier to do online or to call 1st thing on April 5th and speak to customer service so if one isn't available they can go to the next?

When switching resorts, is it like making a new reservation online? I have not done it before and am a bit nervous about screwing it up.

Thanks!

Five of you in a studio? Not likely. You'll need a one bedroom villa at best and might only find SSR available. Even if the kids aren't going, SSR will be most likely. Not BWV or BCV for sure.

You'll need to cancel your current reservation first unless you have plenty of points to use. And if you do it online you'll beat the members needing to call to make their reservation.

It will just be my husband and I going. We had to borrow about 15 points from 2014 UY to make the reservation at AKL. We only want to switch because those are the host resorts for the half-marathon and we will not have a car.

I guess I will just have to cancel first, then make the new reservation quickly with my fingers crossed!! Maybe I will just risk it and call Member Services....hmmmmm

It will just be my husband and I going. We had to borrow about 15 points from 2014 UY to make the reservation at AKL. We only want to switch because those are the host resorts for the half-marathon and we will not have a car.

I guess I will just have to cancel first, then make the new reservation quickly with my fingers crossed!! Maybe I will just risk it and call Member Services....hmmmmm
SSR is most likely to be available by far, I don't think there's much chance of it not being available. The rest are hit or miss with BCV being the least likely available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter