Best Chance for a Waitlist at BRV

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I am wanting to waitlist a couple of nights at BRV. We want to try it out at Christmas before we add on points there. I know you will tell me that I have zero chance of a waitlist coming through there in December, but since it's only for two nights, I'm going to try it. I know I can only have two waitlists going at once, so here's my question--which two days would have the best chance and the second best chance of coming through?
1. Saturday, December 15-Monday, December 17
2. Sunday, December 16-Tuesday, December 18
3. Monday, December 17-Wednesday, December 19
4. Tuesday, December 18-Thursday, December 20
I'm thinking Option #1 since one of the nights is a weekend night, plus it's further away from Christmas. Would my latter reasoning make Option #2 my second best choice?

There are MVMCP events on 12/16, 12/18, 12/20 & 12/21, but all of your options include a party night. Parties closer to Christmas are the m o st crowded, and the Tuesday & Sunday parties less crowded than the Thursday or Friday parties.

Your logic seems good to me. Hope it works out for you.

So I was just able to snag a BRV studio for Tuesday, December 18. So I changed my waitlist to just the one night on Wednesday, December 19. (We had decided to go with Option #1 and Option #4 above just because we liked our touring plans better with those.) Hopefully, that will increase our chances since it's just for one night. Here's my new question:
If neither waitlist comes through, should I keep the one night at BRV? I know one night is not ideal since you probably won't get to have your room very long, but is it better than nothing? And would it be worth the trouble of moving resorts? If just staying one night, we would probably have breakfast at The Wave and then go straight over to check in. I know the room will probably not be ready, but we were wanting to enjoy the lobby at Christmas anyway. We would then go to MVMCP at 4 and leave close to midnight. Here's where it would be ideal--we would not have to take a bus all the way back to AKV after the party. The next morning, we would sleep in and try to get a late checkout. We would eat lunch at WCC and spend the rest of the day in the lobby until leaving for a late flight home. So with these plans, would you choose to move from AKV to BRV for the last night of the trip?

Last edited:

I'd try not to change resorts for one night if I could help it. You are homeless for the day and then you have to check out by 11AM.

It depends on how much you want to stay there. Do you have some good plans for your 'homeless day?'
We are staying there for one night Dec. 7 after our cruise. We will get there around 10:00 or earlier, and will hang out at the pool or go to Disney Springs. We also have the next day to hang out till our flight. I hear the decorations are worth it.

I think if you really want to try it out go for it! You would have to pack up the next day anyway, so you won't even have to unpack. I would just keep any items I would need to use for the last night in an easily accessible area. That will definitely make packing to leave the next morning easy. I'm sure you will definitely like just jumping on the boat for a quick trip back to your hotel after MVMCP! If it was one night in the middle of your trip that would be annoying but I think it's much easier since its the last night!

It depends on how much you want to stay there. Do you have some good plans for your 'homeless day?'
We are staying there for one night Dec. 7 after our cruise. We will get there around 10:00 or earlier, and will hang out at the pool or go to Disney Springs. We also have the next day to hang out till our flight. I hear the decorations are worth it.
After we eat a late breakfast (around 10) at The Wave, we would head over for check-in. Our plans would be to just hang out in the lobby and around the grounds. That's probably what we would do even if we had a room. We want to enjoy the decorations and all the nooks and crannies of the resort. I guess my only concern in not getting into the room before the party. We will want to enter MK at 4, so I doubt we would get our room before then. The next day we would sleep in, check out at 11 (or later if we could get that), go to WCC for lunch, and then hang out again in the lobby until time to leave for our flight. It would definitely be a relaxing part of our trip!
I think if you really want to try it out go for it! You would have to pack up the next day anyway, so you won't even have to unpack. I would just keep any items I would need to use for the last night in an easily accessible area. That will definitely make packing to leave the next morning easy. I'm sure you will definitely like just jumping on the boat for a quick trip back to your hotel after MVMCP! If it was one night in the middle of your trip that would be annoying but I think it's much easier since its the last night!
Yeah, we have done a one-night stay at the beginning of our trip before but never at the end. It makes sense that it would make packing to go home much easier. I'm really thinking the time saved on transportation after the party will make up for having to pack up early.

I'm really leaning toward keeping it even if our other waitlists don't come through.

Last edited:
I was just able to snag another night at the beginning of our trip. I immediately changed my waitlist from two consecutive nights to just the one night afterwards. So now I have Saturday night with Sunday night waitlisted, and I have Tuesday night with Wednesday night waitlisted. Hopefully having two waitlists of just one night each will increase the chances. If neither waitlist comes through though, I’ll keep the Tuesday night which will be the last night of our trip and a party night. I won’t keep the Saturday night since it’s not a party night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter