Best anti-blister socks?

Jchoma

Mouseketeer
Can anyone recommend a good brand/type of socks to prevent blisters? I’ve read that synthetic fibers (vs cotton) help a lot, but hoping to get specific recommendations on socks that've helped you. There are SO many options on amazon. Thanks!

I don't know of any, but someone here may know of good socks for blister problems. We always just rub the bottom of our feet and toes with a little Vaseline. It really works. We were having a real bad blister problem. By the third or fourth day we could hardly walk the blisters were so bad. It hasn't been issue for us every since we started rubbing our feet down. There are also other products you can use other than Vaseline. Good luck with finding your socks and keeping away those blisters. That was a big problem for us for a while.

Rub your feet with Body Glide, a runner's product available at Dick's Sporting Goods (looks like a deodorant stick).

Spray your feet with antiperspirant.

Wear shoes that don't make your feet sweat. There are dozens of comfy, supportive sport sandals on the market.

But if you really must:
Any lightweight synthetic will work UNDER an absorbent non-cotton sock.
Polypropylene, polyester, and wool liners all work. My favorite is silk - breathable, not stinky, and temperature-regulating.
Outer sock could be wool, wool/poly blends (such as CoolMax), fleece, or polyester.

If you want to get really fancy, get the silk kind with separated toes.

And don't forget your Moleskin!

Feetures, hands down. I have a chronic illness that causes problems with my skin, my "blisters" are often larger around than a quarter and go through all the layers of skin, once they open they're open bleeding wounds. Feetures are the only brand I don't blister in and I've tried all the various high end athletic/running brands.

Feetures, hands down. I have a chronic illness that causes problems with my skin, my "blisters" are often larger around than a quarter and go through all the layers of skin, once they open they're open bleeding wounds. Feetures are the only brand I don't blister in and I've tried all the various high end athletic/running brands.

You, I trust. I'm so sorry you have that problem, but I bet you know from socks. :( Cold comfort, I'm sure. Thank you for the recommendation, though.

Thanks, everyone!
I'm sorry, that sounds so painful! Sounds like feetures may be worth a try for me. Thank you for the recco! I wish they weren't so pricey, but considering how much a trip to WDW is, it's worth it to make my feet more comfortable.

Balega blister resist!! They're even better than the regular Balegas which I love!!

I used to march a lot and still run. I like DarnTough socks. Plus they have a life time warranty

I second this. I wear Feetures for running multiple times a week, and they're the only socks I wore on our trip to Disney and Universal. I'm not sure they're specifically anti-blister, but I had no problems and they were very comfortable. I prefer the "elite ultra light no show tab" style, which I have in several colors. I'm normally pretty frugal, but find these to be worth every penny.

I ordered some feetures to try out! I wore them walking and they were great!

I've used Balegas (Hidden comfort), Brooks, and Swiftwick (aspire). The ONLY socks I wear in the parks and for running are Swiftwick.

Can anyone recommend a good brand/type of socks to prevent blisters? I’ve read that synthetic fibers (vs cotton) help a lot, but hoping to get specific recommendations on socks that've helped you. There are SO many options on amazon. Thanks!
Nike Dri-Fit (cushy) or Bombas ( bamboo)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!