Beloved character - let cast know?

leannak

DIS Veteran
I have a little one who is unbelievably obsessed with Goofy and feels like he's a close friend after a trip to WDW. Would it be good to mention that to cast members at the oceaneer club when we check in? Would they even care or do anything with that info? I'd just love if Goofy showed up in the club and went over for a hug or acted like he knew my kiddo. It would be absolutely magical, even if I wouldn't get to witness it. :)

Goofy is all over the ship. He has several meet and greets and you will have no problem getting to see him. I recommend you goto the wake up with disney Jr. event in the morning. He may show up. There’s always a character that shows up. It’s been Pluto in my experience, but you might get lucky. Unfortunately, unless you have paid for it ahead of time, I don’t think they will accommodate special requests. There’s just too many kids on board to meet all of their personal needs. When you call the special/private events people, there is an option on the form for a character meeting as a private set up. But I am sure it costs money. Good luck and have fun!

Check the Navigator for Goofy appearances throughout the ship. You'll have plenty of opportunities to meet and hug him. You could certainly mention it to a kids club CM, but unless Goofy has a scheduled appearance in the kids club, a surprise, personal greeting is probably not in the stars.

I have a little one who is unbelievably obsessed with Goofy and feels like he's a close friend after a trip to WDW.

Agree with the PP. In all my DCL cruises, Goofy is definitely the character I have seen out and about the most. I've seen him in his jogging outfit doing stretches by the stairs, I've seen him in his Alaska get-up on our Alaska cruise, in Hawaiian Aloha shirts (with white pants of course!) on the Hawaii cruises, and just being around the ship. Hope your little guy gets to meet Goofy!

There are some kids club activities that involve characters - and even some with Goofy. It's worth asking the kid's club staff what activities involving Goofy are on the schedule so you can look for them in the navigators on your cruise and make sure your child doesn't miss them.

We've often encountered Goofy wandering around on deck, but he also does scheduled meet-and-greets. You can always attend one, and have a nice conversation with Goofy's attendant about the situation. It might make a difference, but it might not - either way, the entertainment staff is fun to chat with!

To give you some examples of some of the amazing interactions we've had with characters on our cruises (and some of the reasons we keep returning to DCL):

We took a transatlantic when my DD was 9, and by the second or third day, Minnie Mouse knew our daughter by name. It was the most adorable thing. Whenever we saw Minnie, she'd spell our DD's name out on someone's hand, be so excited to see her, and give her big hugs. It's one of the best memories we've had from a DCL cruise, and really made the cruise magical.

The characters have great memories, too. When my DD was 4 on a 4n Wonder cruise, we met Peter Pan and Wendy one evening. We were chatting and somehow in the course of the conversation, my DH commented that he's not a fan of the movie Alice in Wonderland because it's weird. The last day of the cruise they had a large-scale character signing with a bunch of characters sitting at a table in the atruim (they don't do this anymore). We encountered Peter first, who was sitting next to Wendy, who was sitting next to Alice. Peter leaned over to talk to Alice and tell her, "This guy thinks you're weird." It was one of the most awkward and memorable experiences! Peter in general is great - he's also invaded some of our meet group activities and hung out with us in the Promenade Lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter