BEER! (the good kind)

Happy to find this thread. Hope it's not dead!
I'm staying at CBR in July. Looks like I will find some decent beer in DW.
But I'd like to bring in a personal supply for my room. Where's the nearest retail shop with a good Cigar City selection? I'll have a car and plan to do some grocery/beer shopping the first day.

There is a liquor store out on international drive that has the Cigar city beers. I think it is an ABC liquor but I don't recall.

The beers in Disney have really improved and is always a highlight of my trip. That being said, the biggest disappointment is the poor selection in England. A country that is know for pubs and great beer has the worst selection in England. I really think they could do a lot to improve upon the Guinness, Bass and Harp selection they have there! Where can I complain to Disney about this?

They've improved, but most of them are still anything you can find on a good liquor store's shelves.

I have a friend from the UK, and the first time I took him to Epcot, we went into Rose and Crown. I ordered a Black and Tan. He immediately asked WTH it was. I told him. Apparantly, a B&T is an American abomination. He'd never heard of such a thing!

Beer at WDW is a topic that we've started to devote a bit more attention to on our podcast as well. We released our first "Beercast" back on July 6.

Beercast II comes out this coming Sunday. (Which reminds me, I need to post the list of beers, for those who want to "drink along" with the show this Sunday . . .)

My preference is the Unibroue at the canadian cart in front of Le Cellier. Either La fin du monde (blonde), or trois pistoles (bruin). Or St Bernardus Abt 12 at some of the lounges... ToWL, Bellview, Tambu, to name a few. During the F&W, they used to have an Alt bier in Germany that was excellent-- I think it was swapped out when Braufactum moved in.... The Darkon is pretty good.

When did the Sam Adams F&W beer get dropped? I know it was just the Dopplebock most years, but it was still fun to have it.....it a big mug!

Hovels update!!!! Earlier this month I found that you can still get Hovels without sitting down to eat at the Biergarten. You can do to the check in stand and ask for a glass. They take you to the food kiosk in the entry way and you will pay there. They will either bring it to you or ask you to go with them inside to the pickup window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter