Beaches and Cream: 5 to 6?

CarrieR

DIS Veteran
Let me preface this by saying that I fully understand Disney may not be able to accommodate, and we will have a “plan B” if that happens.

TL;DR question: How/where does B&C seat parties of 5?

Short version story: I am traveling in a few weeks with a party of four. My group has lots of friends/family local to WDW, so I have learned to “pad” my reservations; on this day, I made my Beaches & Cream reservation for 5 people. Which was handy, as it turns out my cousin (1) is going to join us for lunch. Then my mom texts me and mentions that my other cousin (1’s brother) would ALSO like to join us for lunch. We are “the more the merrier” type people, so she told him “Come on!” He lives three hours away, but he’s a college kid, so...

I have tried to modify my reservation to six, no go. I will continue to try, as well as making a second reservation for 2 (we could split 4 & 2.) But if that doesn’t happen, how are parties of 5 usually seated? I know at many restaurants, they are at 6 tops... but B&C only has 4 tops, booths (for 4) and the counter, right? Are parties of 5 at two pushed-together tables (meaning adding #6 at the podium would probably work) or do they squish 5 at a table/into a booth (in which case there’s no way to squish in #6! Cousins are skinny bean poles, but they are still adults! LOL!)

Our res is right at restaurant open (11A) which I think gives us a better shot... but just wondering what others have experienced.

TIA!

The tables that are not booths are very small round tables. I don't know that they can push two of them together. We are a family of 4 small people and it was tight around that little table.

I would not count on being able to add a person at check in.

we have squeezed 5 into a booth. 2 adults, 2 teens and a 9 year old.

also, 5 at a round table has worked.

The tables that are not booths are very small round tables. I don't know that they can push two of them together. We are a family of 4 small people and it was tight around that little table.

I would not count on being able to add a person at check in.

Thanks - I’ve eaten at both the tables & booths, and agree that they’re small. Can’t imagine 5 at one! On one visit, the party next to us had two rounds pushed together, so I know that they do it... but I’m unsure how many were in the party. Honestly didn’t pay attention, just recall the servers separating/resetting after the fact.

Good to know they might put 5 in a single table or booth. Definitely affects my optimism. If he comes, and I’m not able to get additional seats, we’ll probably try - but we’ll be prepared to send someone to the Marketplace for a flatbread, lol.

I just recently made a reservation over the phone for 6 people and they informed me that we would likely be at separate tables and that they definitely do not let you push two tables together. I'm hoping that 6 of us can squeeze into a booth as other posts have suggested.

We did 6 in a booth in September. We were 5 adults and a small child. Even trying to change our reservation to another day was difficult. We used TP reservation finder, and the day before we left for our trip, an ADR opened up, I was notified and was able to secure the reservation for the day we wanted and cancelled the initial ADR.

I just recently made a reservation over the phone for 6 people and they informed me that we would likely be at separate tables and that they definitely do not let you push two tables together. I'm hoping that 6 of us can squeeze into a booth as other posts have suggested.

we have done B&C as a party of 5 and we’re seated at 2 small tables that were pushed together. 2 adults, and the kids were 8 / 12 / 14 at the time.

Same for us. We were a party of 7 last month and they pushed two tables together for us.

They pushed 2 together this past September for our party of 6. I've seen it done many times Unless something has recently changed, I'd say as usual the phone CM has no idea what they're talking about. This isn't to say you're guaranteed to sit together, it'll depend on the other tables etc., but the phone CM was lying if they said they absolutely do not push tables together, they 100% do.

We had 7, 4 adults, 1 teen and 2 kids when we went and we all sat together. If I recall correctly, the tables were pushed together.

Over the phone? You likely spoke to an agent in a call center who wouldn't be familiar with restaurant operations. I think all ADRs for a certain number of people come with a warning that party may be separated, and he or she was likely reiterating this. But they wouldn't know specific restaurant policies.

OP, I agree with PPs that if you can arrive early and are prepared to wait a while to be seated then they should be able to accommodate you. There's also open seating at the counter, so worst case scenario, perhaps 2 people from your party can sit at the counter and they could seat you near them at a table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter