Beach Club Refurb…only 1 and 2 bedrooms getting the Murphy bed?

DVCSunDevil

DIS Veteran
I was just reading an article on DVC News that discussed the Beach Club refurb. The article states “Most notably, One and Two Bedroom Villas will receive the pull-down Murphy Beds in living rooms.” However, people on here were posting pictures of the Murphy beds going into studios. Did something change mid refurb? I will be very unhappy if those Murphy beds do not go into the studios. Here is the article:
https://dvcnews.com/wdw-resorts/beach-club-villas/5618-beach-club-villas-refurb-to-resume-in-august

They stopped mid-refurb so I don't think any of us could know for sure.
That would be weird to have some studios that have it and others that do not. I would be shocked if they did that. I’m hoping the article meant to include studios as well.

I believe there is a video on YouTube of someone staying in a newly renovated BCV studio with a Murphy bed.

Edit: here is the video. Not a great walk through but the Murphy bed is there.

Thanks for the update. Mich a
They updated the article and it now says,

“Most notably, Deluxe Studio, One and Two Bedroom Villas will receive the pull-down Murphy Beds in living rooms.”
Thanks for the update. Much ado about nothing, apparently. Thanks for the confirmation!

They are going into all rooms that the ceiling allows it to fit. The same thing that happened at Boulder Ridge top floor happened at Beach Club Villas top floor. Some will have the murply pull down and some won't. All of the 4th floor got them.

So will the 2 bedroom refurbished rooms have a murphy bed and a small bed that comes down under the TV? We will have a 3 and almost 5 year old come January for our trip. The current layout wouldn't work for us but if the 2 bedrooms will have both options I think we will stay

So will the 2 bedroom refurbished rooms have a murphy bed and a small bed that comes down under the TV? We will have a 3 and almost 5 year old come January for our trip. The current layout wouldn't work for us but if the 2 bedrooms will have both options I think we will stay
The 2BRs rooms have a king bed in one room, 2 queens and a pull down near-twin in a second bedroom, and a queen Murphy bed in the living room.

The 2BR lockoffs have a king bed in one room, 1 queens bed, 1 queen Murphy bed, and a pull down near-twin in a second bedroom, and a queen Murphy bed in the living room.

The 2BRs rooms have a king bed in one room, 2 queens and a pull down near-twin in a second bedroom, and a queen Murphy bed in the living room.

The 2BR lockoffs have a king bed in one room, 1 queens bed, 1 queen Murphy bed, and a pull down near-twin in a second bedroom, and a queen Murphy bed in the living room.
So the renovated rooms don't have the twin pull down bed in the living room, it's in the 2nd bedroom?

So the renovated rooms don't have the twin pull down bed in the living room, it's in the 2nd bedroom?
Only the 2BR lock-off has the pull-down twin in the second bedroom(studio) ( sleeps 9)
The dedicated 2 BR has no pull-down twin in the 2nd bedroom or in the living room ( sleeps 8)
The renovation did not change the number of sleeping surfaces
Incredibly, there are still zero walk throughs of refurbished 1 or 2 bedroom BCVs on the you-tube.
I found one ( shows 1br w/M bed) the video is not great, but a quick tour in the beginning

Last edited:
Beach Club has never had the twin pull down in the living room, it’s always been in the 2nd bedroom. And it remains there post reno.

Only the 2BR lock-off has the pull-down twin in the second bedroom(studio) ( sleeps 9)
The dedicated 2 BR has no pull-down twin in the 2nd bedroom or in the living room ( sleeps 8)
The renovation did not change the number of sleeping surfaces

I found one ( shows 1br w/M bed) the video is not great, but a quick tour in the beginning
What is interesting I didn't see a lock off option when I booked this morning. Does this need to be requested?

What is interesting I didn't see a lock off option when I booked this morning. Does this need to be requested?
A "lockoff two bedroom" is a combination of Studio + One Bedroom. Whenever all studios are fully booked, the option for a lockoff two bedroom will not appear.

If you didn't specifically book a lockoff, expect to be assigned to a dedicated 2B. It cannot be requested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter