Bay Lake Tower refurb dates

Which rooms? Can you tell which floors or sections of BLT?
I only noticed it when walking to my room on the 8th floor from the south elevators. They were clearing the rooms from the elevators until the center of the “middle” section (lobby section). Those rooms ending in 27,28… can’t say if the were doing the same with the south wing, but can check later.

We’ve got a stay in a 1 bedroom lakeview December 21 - 28. Any thoughts on:

1. The odds that we get a refurbished room? (Is that even possible, do we think some rooms will be done by then?” and:
2. The odds that we get screwed and moved to another hotel because they are behind schedule?

We’ve got a stay in a 1 bedroom lakeview December 21 - 28. Any thoughts on:

1. The odds that we get a refurbished room? (Is that even possible, do we think some rooms will be done by then?” and:
2. The odds that we get screwed and moved to another hotel because they are behind schedule?
I’m assuming that with them doing the whole south wing in one go, the chances of you getting a refurbed room are essentially zero. But, assuming this was always the plan, I doubt they would have scheduled any rooms being done by then, so you’re probably safe with getting the room you booked.

I'll be there in May 2025 (first time) booked a theme park view studio. Didn't know about the refurbishment happening so figured I'd start following this post. I have no clue where they are starting first but will I have a decent chance of getting a refurbished room?

The latest on the pool situation appears to be as follows:

The BLT pool (the “Bay Cove Pool”) will be closed 1/26/2026 through early May 2026 (yes, 2026, not 2025, lots of notice for this one).

The CR leisure pool (the “Bay Lake Pool” or “bullseye pool”) closes today through “late December” 2024. This is the one that’s oddly not on all of Disney’s various CR and BLT pages so caused some confusion, but presumably is accurate (guess we’ll find out today or as soon as any reports come in).

Hope that helps.

The latest on the pool situation appears to be as follows:

The BLT pool (the “Bay Cove Pool”) will be closed 1/26/2026 through early May 2026 (yes, 2026, not 2025, lots of notice for this one).

The CR leisure pool (the “Bay Lake Pool” or “bullseye pool”) closes today through “late December” 2024. This is the one that’s oddly not on all of Disney’s various CR and BLT pages so caused some confusion, but presumably is accurate (guess we’ll find out today or as soon as any reports come in).

Hope that helps.
Thank you!

For those who have been at other resorts during refurbs, how much noise is there during the day? Our touring plan involves napping/relaxing in the room almost every afternoon.

Really like being next to MK, but wonder if I should try for another day at BCV. Sort of looking first week, MK or AK, second week Epcot or HS.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest