Bay Lake Tower refurb dates

Funny because i noticed the same thing but i just assumed they named the wrong pool since BLT is beginning its refurb and then this picture has Bay COve pool in it.......

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/bay-lake-tower-at-contemporary/recreation/#:~:text=in late December.-,Beginning September 30, 2024, the Bay Lake Pool at Disney's,is completed in late December.

Yeah, it’s interesting. Either they used the wrong name/terminology, or it really is the circle pool. One would think if it really were the circle Bay Lake Pool that note would also be on the hotel-side page - but it wouldn’t be the first time Disney has been inconsistent with their disclaimers across the different hotel and villa “page versions”.

Why does disney name things with such similar names sometimes (like Wilderness Lodge & Ft Wilderness) that must confuse non-disneyphiles all the time. I bet they even confuse themselves sometimes. The english language has a lot of words in it ... they should use more of them lol.

sorry for the OT, can't help about the pool

There's 8 Lake View Grand Villas and 6 Theme Park view. I had read a rumor somewhere that they were going to start on the top floors and work their way down one floor at a time. That doesn't mean they are doing that. So far I haven't actually seen any reports of the work starting.
FWIW when they did the soft goods refurb at the VGF villas building, they definitely went top down. I suspect that this avoids anyone being immediately below work being done, and that if anyone has to get displaced within the building, they get an "upgrade" instead of a "downgrade" - this happened to us at VGF - we stayed in the same (standard) room category but got a top floor brand new room (and could see them doing work on the 4th floor.

This probably makes even more of a difference at BLT since moving someone from a standard to a refurbed LV or TPV will win lots of goodwill points, but taking a TPV room out of service and moving someone booked in TPV to a lower floor ... would be heard 'round the social media world.
We were there last week. Only sign of construction so far is that the water was turned off for a couple of hours middle of the week. Nothing else at that point.
We had that happen for a short time at the end of August with no warning. While we were doing laundry. And when they water came back on, it spewed black. It was gross!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest