• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bay Lake Tower...Lake View or Magic Kingdom View

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
Hello....Thinking of booking a room here and wondering if it is worth the extra points to be guaranteed a MK view. Last time we did a lake view and got lucky and could see the MK from the room. Opinions please?

Last edited:
We stayed in a dedicated two bedroom on the seventh floor. Had a fairly central location. You do see an awful lot of parking lot however looking out over magic kingdom, Baylake, seeing boats come and go, the monorail etc was a very enjoyable thing for us. Fireworks from the room was a novelty but nothing that was very important to us. It was fun to experience. I’m not sure we will try very hard to do it again. The big plus for Baylake tower for us his proximity. We have also stayed in a Lakeview studio and enjoyed that.

We have stayed at both.

Here's the thing. The single best rooms/views in the entire resort are Lake Views, if you get the room numbers that end in low-even-numbers -- i.e. XX02, XX04 etc. Those views are spectacular -- you get AMAZING lake views, no views of any other structures or rooms and ALSO get great theme park views. So best of both worlds.

However, the exact same view category might get you odd-numbered rooms on the inside of the structural C of the tower where you have a lake view competing with views of other rooms in the tower. So it's luck of the draw. I have always wondered why they don't have a premium lake/theme park view for those best rooms so someone willing to pay to get them and not take their chances with the odd-numbered rooms can. But they don't.

So if you want to guarantee a cool view, you need to go for the theme park view. You will see a lot of parking lot but you will be able to watch the fireworks every night from your bed or balcony. If you are feeling lucky and want the best view in the resort, get the lake view and request the low-even-numbered rooms. Or if you don't mind looking at other rooms in the Tower and like the water view, get the lake view and save a lot of points/money.

I just got back yesterday with a LV studio for 8 nights at BLT, Room 8106, 11th Floor. Below are my pictures. Left on our balcony is MK view and right was our Lake View. I requested this room, well the room next door, from TPs ( the room next door was occupied when we arrived).

46752692-54B0-4214-B1AF-A4BEC2850A05.jpeg 1D851DF4-2C0E-4137-A08B-37D0D5E64250.jpeg 1905A506-61F6-4397-A3B0-60C6C0EF7F5A.jpeg

Attachments

• DEBCC238-E45F-447F-B378-81E016EC50CF.jpeg
    DEBCC238-E45F-447F-B378-81E016EC50CF.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Have done both views.The problem with TP view is that you cannot guarantee you will get high floor Anything eighth floor or above is needed. Seventh floor just arguably adequate. But below that and your main view becomes the parking lot and the monorail rails. The most likely feeling you will come away with if you get a lower floor TP view is, "Why in the world did I spend so many points for that lousy view?" I prefer lake view and, since there are a lot more lake view rooms, chances are good of getting a high floor request met, and the lake views from higher floors are very good.

What room are those pictures from? Ohiovacationer, there is a thread on these boards with a map of the room categories and the potential views from each. It was started a years ago, but people still update it. I am staying at BLT in a 2 bedroom next fall and opted for Lake View, but hoping to have one of the rooms with both views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter