Bagless security check

Sjwillia

Mouseketeer
I have always had grandkids with me and needed a park bag so I never used the no bag security lines. It has been awhile but I assume they still have them. My next trip will just be with my adult son and I don't plan or need as much stuff when in the park. I have a phone case that has a small zip wallet on the back, I kind of assumed this would be ok through the bagless line but thought I would check what experiences others have had. Also, I plan on a few things in my pocket: lip balm, hair ties, individual hand wipe. Any issues I should anticipate?
61AvvcdAatL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Does it fit in your pocket?

I used to carry a wallet & a phone both fit in my pocket and just walked through security with no check.

They've said in the past that anything with a zipper needs to go through a bag line, so this might count. I guess it would be CM discretion. They made me go through a bag line with a small wallet before a few years ago.

I don't believe they have the no bag line all the time either; they didn't have it when we went through back last October or December/January.

When going through security at the parking structures, I rarely see a no bag line. It is more common by the hotels.

Last month I was behind a woman with a stroller. The bag checker came around, looked in the basket under her stroller and pulled out what looked like a plastic cup. He said it wasn't allowed and the parent left it with him. He changed his gloves before looking in my bag. Ends up it was a portable urinal which is not allowed in the parks.

I have always had grandkids with me and needed a park bag so I never used the no bag security lines. It has been awhile but I assume they still have them. My next trip will just be with my adult son and I don't plan or need as much stuff when in the park. I have a phone case that has a small zip wallet on the back, I kind of assumed this would be ok through the bagless line but thought I would check what experiences others have had. Also, I plan on a few things in my pocket: lip balm, hair ties, individual hand wipe. Any issues I should anticipate?
On our last few visits we made multiple trips through security when they did not have a “no bag” line at the Harbor or DLH security. GCH and Pixar Place security is so small they don’t have room for a no bag line. Unless the weather is inclement, we typically travel light with a phone, battery, CC and lip balm. I typ8cally only take my phone and aux battery out when going through security.

When going through security at the parking structures, I rarely see a no bag line. It is more common by the hotels.

Last month I was behind a woman with a stroller. The bag checker came around, looked in the basket under her stroller and pulled out what looked like a plastic cup. He said it wasn't allowed and the parent left it with him. He changed his gloves before looking in my bag. Ends up it was a portable urinal which is not allowed in the parks.
Gross!

On our last few visits we made multiple trips through security when they did not have a “no bag” line at the Harbor or DLH security. GCH and Pixar Place security is so small they don’t have room for a no bag line. Unless the weather is inclement, we typically travel light with a phone, battery, CC and lip balm. I typ8cally only take my phone and aux battery out when going through security.
GCH does have one first thing in the morning at high season times -- they use the side courtyard gate for this.

It's not consistent, and unannounced, so don't count on it.

GCH does have one first thing in the morning at high season times -- they use the side courtyard gate for this.

It's not consistent, and unannounced, so don't count on it.
Good to know, I’ve seen photos of guests using that entrance in the courtyard, but I guess we have never stayed at GCH during a busy enough season (by design).

The generally have nixed the "No Bag" lines unless they are backed up and trying to push people through as too many people don't comprehend what "no bags" means..."oh, that is my purse/fanny pack/cooler...not a bag..."

Wish I was kidding...

Just got back- there was no bagless line, but they did just wave me through behind the people getting bags checked (you could go between the two lines and rejoin at the metal detector which was empty). My wallet has a zipper and they waved me right through.

Almost every time we have gone (we usually stay at GCH but have stayed at DLH and PPH, so have used all entrances/security options at these hotels), there have not been “no bag” lines. And, if someone in the party does not have a bag and tries to go around those in other parties who are having their bags searched, the CMs will stop that person and say they still have to wait with their party or behind parties who were in front of them (and are getting bags checked), to go through the metal detectors. So not having a bag will save you the time it would take to search your bag, but it won’t move you past the folks in front of you in line who have a loaded down stroller with 2 diaper bags, a back pack, a cooler, a fanny pack, a purse (and now, apparently, a portable urinal!!!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter