Bacon Ice Cream

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
So expunges McDonald's AI. And hundreds of dollars worth of McNuggets in one sitting. No shock that McDonalds has pulled the plug on it after a fairly brief stint!

If they want to automate more it would be better to integrate the mobile app with the drive through than to use AI to take the order. I think it would be a lot more accurate. Who wants to get a bag of butter instead of a Big Mac?

(BTW, bacon in ice cream is a thing at gourmet ice cream shops. It’s that whole salty/sweet thing . . .)

My last trip to Downtown Disney in Anaheim I had caramelized turkey bacon at Salt & Straw. It was quite good. Their limited time offerings were mostly centered around Thanksgiving dinner, and for turkey it was based on turkey bacon. I'm not quite sure what a Parker roll is though.

It's not just McDonalds who have had problems with their AI. DPD, the delivery firm, took up swearing at people, turned racist (praised Hitler) and then rubbished the DPD brand, saying that it was the worst delivery firm in the world and should not be trusted.

Whoops.

My last trip to Downtown Disney in Anaheim I had caramelized turkey bacon at Salt & Straw. It was quite good. Their limited time offerings were mostly centered around Thanksgiving dinner, and for turkey it was based on turkey bacon. I'm not quite sure what a Parker roll is though.

Yeah, I thought this was about a new Salt & Straw flavor - I love that place!

AI is just not ready for it IMO, I am sure many people messed with it as well.
I think outsourcing is probably the only way to do it in the short term or require use of the APP.
No reason you cant have people on a PC at home somewhere in a state with a lower minimum wage taking the orders and sending it to the restaurant.

Frankly I am amazed that McDonalds is still in business but to each his own I guess
Yeah still - don't get why anyone is eating at McDonalds. For example on Wednesdays I can get a very good burger and fries at the local pub for $10. Pretty sure that is less than McDonalds. With a beer and tip its probably $20, not sure as I never just have one beer, but many just get the burger to go. There are similar deal most weeknights at multiple bars in the area so better options than McDonalds.
Minimum wage here is pretty close to $20 so its not like we are somewhere where the minimum wage is 7.25.

Even going to Fridays or Chilis is probably a better option.

As for bacon Ice Cream, I make it all the time.
I use a siracha maple bacon.

AI is just not ready for it IMO, I am sure many people messed with it as well.
I think outsourcing is probably the only way to do it in the short term or require use of the APP.
No reason you cant have people on a PC at home somewhere in a state with a lower minimum wage taking the orders and sending it to the restaurant.

Yeah still - don't get why anyone is eating at McDonalds. For example on Wednesdays I can get a very good burger and fries at the local pub for $10. Pretty sure that is less than McDonalds. With a beer and tip its probably $20, not sure as I never just have one beer, but many just get the burger to go. There are similar deal most weeknights at multiple bars in the area so better options than McDonalds.
Minimum wage here is pretty close to $20 so its not like we are somewhere where the minimum wage is 7.25.

Even going to Fridays or Chilis is probably a better option.

As for bacon Ice Cream, I make it all the time.
I use a siracha maple bacon.

McDonald's has gotten so expensive, however if you use the app you can get some good deals, like $1 large fries. I might go for it if there is a good deal on the app (they rotate). I do still love me an ocassional Egg McMuffin!

I often make chocolate covered bacon....sound weird but yummy.

The grandkids got my husband who loves pickles and also cotton candy......dill flavored cotton candy for Father's Day. We laughed. He didn't like it but I tried it and surprisingly it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It would not be a staple in my life but was interesting to try.

Last year in New England we tried lobster ice cream.....nope, never again. While I love both things separately together did not do it for me. There were actual chunks of lobster meat in the ice cream.

McDonald's has gotten so expensive, however if you use the app you can get some good deals, like $1 large fries. I might go for it if there is a good deal on the app (they rotate). I do still love me an ocassional Egg McMuffin!
I have a deal in the app now for a $6.49 medium combo meal. I usually use that one when it pops up.

Everything running some computer program is not suddenly an example of AI. It seems a LOT of tech companies are jumping on the bandwagon and calling everything they do as something AI related mostly to drive up their stock price.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter