Backstage Magic - June 2-7, 2009

GirlfromTN

DIS Veteran
Anyone else booked for this trip? I put down the deposit yesterday and I'm so excited! This will be the first part of my honeymoon with my fiance. We are getting in one day early (and staying at the Renaissance) so we're trying to figure out what to do for the day and a half before the tour starts! :goodvibes

Anyone else booked for this trip? I put down the deposit yesterday and I'm so excited! This will be the first part of my honeymoon with my fiance. We are getting in one day early (and staying at the Renaissance) so we're trying to figure out what to do for the day and a half before the tour starts! :goodvibes

THis is the trip that I re booked when they cancelled my origninal trip

We went on this trip in Jan 09. You will love it! The Renaissance is right smack dab in Hollywood (we saw the sign from our room) and right AT the Kodak theater, right in a big complex at the Kodak which is full of shops and such and the El Capitan, Disney Soda Shoppe and Jimmy Kimmel are right across the street. Graumans is a few steps down the street. LOTS to do and see..you will not be bored and will love this trip!:cheer2:

We went on this trip in Jan 09. You will love it! The Renaissance is right smack dab in Hollywood (we saw the sign from our room) and right AT the Kodak theater, right in a big complex at the Kodak which is full of shops and such and the El Capitan, Disney Soda Shoppe and Jimmy Kimmel are right across the street. Graumans is a few steps down the street. LOTS to do and see..you will not be bored and will love this trip!:cheer2:

I want to believe I will enjoy it but, at this point, I am not really looking forward to it. It isn't the trip I wanted, I will hopefully have a good time. Just need to get past the issues with the cancellation and not trusting that this trip that I am re booked on will even go forward, I was told it would but I was told my original trip was safe and it was cancelled 3 weeks later

Tozzie - if you are a Disney fan you will love this trip! I took it back in December and planning on doing it again in a couple of years. Give the trip a try.

Tozzie - if you are a Disney fan you will love this trip! I took it back in December and planning on doing it again in a couple of years. Give the trip a try.

I am very much a Disney Fan, I tell everyone it is my break from reality!! I guess I am just disappointed with the cancellation

I am very much a Disney Fan, I tell everyone it is my break from reality!! I guess I am just disappointed with the cancellation

What ws the trip that ws cancelled?
If you like Walt or the company in any way you will love this. There are so many aspects of this trip that the average person can't do. I found the access amazing.

Well I'm glad to hear that the June 2 trip will likely not be cancelled. Can't wait to go to Jim Henson studios!:lovestruc

Well, we've signed our contract and our deposit money is now refundable, and we've booked our air tickets...so just hoping now that the trip doesn't get cancelled! I am so excited-can't wait until we receive the package of information 45 days before the trip:banana:
Has anyone else on the boards booked the trip?

Hi girlfromtn........I am a girl from TN too & I did this trip in December & you will not be disappointed. If you are interested at all you can read my trip report but I tell about everything including all the surprise so don't read it if you want to be surprised. We flew in the night before & spent the morning before the trip report exploring so you might want to read that part for some ideas.

Hi girlfromtn........I am a girl from TN too & I did this trip in December & you will not be disappointed. If you are interested at all you can read my trip report but I tell about everything including all the surprise so don't read it if you want to be surprised. We flew in the night before & spent the morning before the trip report exploring so you might want to read that part for some ideas.
I wasn't intending to read your entire trip report, but I couldn't help myselfpopcorn:: ..it was just wonderful. My DH and kids will never know, but they are in for a great time. Your report confirms our decision to use ABD for our Christmas Break trip:santa:

back to the housework and snowgazing:laundy:

thanks so much!!!:)

I want to believe I will enjoy it but, at this point, I am not really looking forward to it. It isn't the trip I wanted, I will hopefully have a good time. Just need to get past the issues with the cancellation and not trusting that this trip that I am re booked on will even go forward, I was told it would but I was told my original trip was safe and it was cancelled 3 weeks later

If you go in with the bad attitude of regrets about your previous trip, I predict you'll make yourself miserable during this trip. I strongly hope you can get past the (rightfully so) bitterness of having to rebook a trip you didn't want and appreciate this trip. I know it's difficult to do, but I think you'll have a better time if you do so.

Melanie-I read your entire trip report! Your trip was so fabulous :) I can't wait for our trip in June. I really like the things you guys did on our own the first stay of the tour. Did you decide you didn't want to go to the Jimmy Kimmel show or were the tickets not offered for your group? I really want to try to go to that, and also to a movie at the El Capitan.

Melanie-I read your entire trip report! Your trip was so fabulous :) I can't wait for our trip in June. I really like the things you guys did on our own the first stay of the tour. Did you decide you didn't want to go to the Jimmy Kimmel show or were the tickets not offered for your group? I really want to try to go to that, and also to a movie at the El Capitan.

Tickets were offered & most of our group went. Eric was not interested so we didn't go. Glad you enjoyed the report. It really is an awesome trip & I enjoyed writing my report as a way of reliving it. Let me know if you have any other questions........I will be most glad to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter