backpacks or fanny packs?

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
What do you carry in the parks? Do you use a fanny pack or a backpack or a regular handbag? I usually bring a backpack to WDW but am not sure I want to pack it for this trip. I'm just curious what the norm is.

On my many trips to WDW I always carried just a small fanny pack. I love having my hands free and just generally not feeling weighted down by "luggage". At DLP, however, since it was dead winter, I carried a small backpack - we seemed to need someplace to stash hats and gloves and such when indoors, and layers in case it got warmer. If you are going in warm weather, my vote is for the smallest fanny pack you can fit your absolute essentials into, but that's just my 2 cents. Some people just don't feel secure unless they shlep half their belongings into the park - it's an individual thing. My must-haves are: Money, hotel card/key, credit card, lip gloss, tiny hand lotion for after washing hands with that harsh soap in the rest rooms, camera, extra batteries, sunglasses, park map and tiny notebook for trip report notes! Anything else is just "extra"!
:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

I mainly use a fannypack (although on this side of the Atlantic we call them bumbags, for reasons that I'm not prepared to explain ;) ). It's large enough to carry my camcorder, credit card and a bit of cash, but you can just clip it on and forget about it if you need to.

Regards

Rob

:wizard: At WDW we had a backpack with us that fits Camcorder, Camera and the things we bought.
At DLRP we mostly go only with the Cameras in there onw backs to fit the accus ans things like that. I try to wear a vest with a lot of zipped pockets to put cash etc. in.

Greets Renate :wizard:

We have quite a big fannypack / bum bag that fits purses, wallets, camera and camcorder (at a push ;) ) etc. We like it because once it's on you can literally forget about it :)

I would not be averse to carrying a backpack if I had too much stuff to fit in a fannypack, but I travel quite light so don't see this happening. If you like to have more stuff than I do the backpack may be a better option?

One thing I won't do is carry a backpack on a very hot day! I remember WDW in August on our first day taking a backpack with water etc in - never again. I know Paris doesn't have the same levels of heat / humidity as Florida but it can get pretty warm in summer.

Karen

Happy to carry back-pack and small camera bag, since we have the benefit of hanging it on the stroller.
Only the camera bag comes on the rides and we leave the back pack with the stroller.

Reid

I used a very small messenger bag that I could drape the strap across my chest so that I was hands-free. It was big enough for the essentials, plus anything else I might have acquired (like if I bought a bottle of water and I couldn't finish it all at once). But it was small enough that it never bothered me and it was easy to take on rides. In Paris, I used a tote bag, but it was bigger than I needed at DLP.

rob@rar.org.uk said:
I mainly use a fannypack (although on this side of the Atlantic we call them bumbags, for reasons that I'm not prepared to explain ;) ). It's large enough to carry my camcorder, credit card and a bit of cash, but you can just clip it on and forget about it if you need to.

Regards

Rob

The first time I went to the states & I heard the term 'fanny pack' I thought it had something to do with feminine hygeine products! :rotfl2:

The blonde gene runs strong in my family, my mother has it, I have it & my sister has it. :teeth:

rob@rar.org.uk said:
I mainly use a fannypack (although on this side of the Atlantic we call them bumbags, for reasons that I'm not prepared to explain ;) ).
Regards

Rob
LOL Rob :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Thanks for all the responses. I've decided on the fanny pack (bumbag). Actyally, my DH still wants to take his backpack so I quess I'll have the best of both worlds. I can load him up with the sweatshirts, etc and I can get by just carrying my wallet and camera. :banana:

kaygela said:
Actyally, my DH still wants to take his backpack so I quess I'll have the best of both worlds. I can load him up with the sweatshirts, etc and I can get by just carrying my wallet and camera. :banana:

Now that really is the best of both worlds :teeth:

Definitely bumbag for me - I did have a neck purse for things like my passport and credit cards but nothing would tempt me to have a backpack. Trouble is, some people don't go minimal with backbacks. Last time I went I was nearly knocked flying by someone carrying the equivalent of a camper van on his back. He was like a stranded tortoise and had no idea what was behind him when he suddenly pulled out in the pedestrian traffic. I said he should have had rear view mirriros.

What do you do with a backpack when you are on a ride anyway? Surely if you want to loop de loop on Indiana Jones you are risking life and limb with a backback squashed behind you???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter