Back..

justakrazymom

DIS Veteran
yes..we've been back a week.. been a crazy week..decided I just dont have time to do a trip report...( putting this here though because I know most likely it would get moved anyway)

So.. lets see..on the way down and ice storm delayed us so we didnt get to ASmovies until 9pm..we had a suite... they are great rooms but never again.. not enough real bed space for 6 people IMO.. we didnt get our luggage until nearly midnight..that sucks..but is what it is.

At 6:45am we grabbed our luggage and walked over to ASsports..checked in and stored our luggage.. they made the process very easy and the walk was easy.

So lets see.. we spent a lot of time at Magic Kingdom.. I have a love HATE relationship with FP+.. I loved having the top rides promised..i hated that typically we only got one ride on that ride. We had FP for BOG..we ended up at the exact same table as last years lunch AND dinner..but yummy anyways. We didnt have hoppers so most of our time was at MK ( 5 of the 9 park days in fact )..

We had 2 days in Epcot.. missed Maelstrom badly.. enjoyed the rest of Epcot as always.

One day in Hollywood studios.. well more like 1/2 a day.. that park is barely worth our time right now.. same with AK..the construction walls EVERYWHERE drove me nuts.. I couldnt get out of there fast enough and normally we love it.

We had half a day at Disney Quest.. still a hit..

All Star Sports was GREAT... zero complaints. We had 2 connecting rooms. We were in touchdown building 10 in the back..my kids swam daily ( and nightly) and played on the football field every night. I am normally much more of a moderate girl but the kids say this resort is their #1 favorite! We had amazing food daily ( Boma, HDDR, Cape May, the food court etc..no complaints at all)..

The Blizzard that hit the North East caused us to not be able to fly home the evening of the 27th as planned. Southwest changed our flight ( even before it was oifficially cancelled which turned out to be hugely good as we were only stuck for a day not 2-3 like everyone else) and Disney gave us a "Storm" rate for another night on both rooms. we checked out and checked back in..but the computers were having fits with magic bands so we ended up with a few issues with those .. we didnt have any until that.. we had to have them key both rooms as all our bands stopped working for that and the room with my husbands band ( and kids) dining credits wouldnt work..we had just enough to finish them off on the 27th.. the awesome CM worked with us a good 4 times and finally just moved them all over to my room and that worked.

We left at 5:45am the 28th and beat a lot of other people who couldnt fly out til the 29th or 30th.

We had a great time but things were VERY different for us.. the kids didnt enjoy a lot of the same things they used to.. the older 2 ( now almost 13 and 11.5) didnt trade pins even once..and they used to adore that..the 9 year old trade once maybe twice.. sad :(.. We did do some Pirate missions as the 13 year old still loved those but not once did we do a Sorcerers mission and he used to adore those.. same goes to agent P..not once did we do one..

We have decided that while we still feel Disney is the best vacation value..we have , currently, outgrown it for awhile. There needs to be new stuff to do.. we are going to spread our vacation wings and do other stuff and hopefully come back before the 13 year old is an adult..

I can totally understand. We were last there in 2009. and are going back in August. Our only daughter is now 19 (today is actually her birthday) and it was her idea. This will probably be the last time for us and although it is sort of sad. I love the vacations we did in between Disney trips. We discovered we love to cruise and love to visit the Ports. We are talking about a family trip to either Europe or out West in 4 or 5 years. That will be an extended trip and if we go out west we will make a stop in Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter