Back from HIFS - Liked It Alot!!!!

CindyBeth

<font color=deeppink>There's a Great Big Beautiful
Well, we just got back from HIFS a couple of days ago. I just wanted to let people know, that we enjoyed it very much! Like other people have said the buffet is nothing too fancy, but it is free and very filling. On check-in, they have the kids make an ormanment for the Christmas tree in the lobby and they also had Santa visiting every morning for an hour. My dd enjoyed both those things and she really liked having her own room and being decorated too!!! I thought the rooms were clean and the two times I had to request something from housekeeping they were there within 10 minutes. Everyone was very friendly also. Any other questions, just ask.

Glad that you liked it. :) I've been to HIFS, but never during the Christmas season, so it was neat to hear what they did for the holidays!

Cindy Beth,
Did you drive to the park from there? If so, how long did it take to MK?

Also, I requested the kid suite with bunk beds? Should I ask for any particular theme. DS is 8. Dd is 12.

I leave in three days!!!!:jester: :jester:

Boomer1961,

We always drove to the parks. I like the flexiblity of leaving when I want to. At HIFS, to take their shuttle, you have to sign up the day before and know when you want to arrive and when you want to leave ahead of time. HIFS is just outside of Disney, so it is only 5 - 10 minutes to drive yourself to the parks.

For requesting a particular theme, my dd9 really wanted the disney theme room. But just to tell you certain themes are in certain bldgs and HIFS won't gurantee that you get it, but they will try(we did get what we requested). They also upgraded us for free to a pool view room, which was nice! To find out the different themes, you could go to the website and I think that it lists them all there.

Have a great time!!!!:D

CindyBeth - Do you remember how much the evening buffet was and possibly what was on it? This is a big selling point for our family. I've heard rumors that it is expensive and not very good. Do you know if they had a variety or a section for very picky children (chicken nuggets, pizza, etc.)

Thanks!

Msim,

Sorry but we did not eat at the evening buffet. We did get pizza from Pizza Hut there and it was good. Kids can eat free there with an adult for lunch.

BriarfoxinWA,

Normally you would have to pay for parking, but I have an annual pass so my parking was free.

Hope that helps.

We're thinking about doing the annual pass too... I figured if we went this summer and then went again on our kids spring break - it might pay for itself.

Thanks for the info!

Welcome back, Beth. I, too, enjoyed our stay at the HIFS and love to hear great things about it!

I just wanted to point out that we had the "manatee" theme, which was strange at first but turned out to be an incredible educational tool. My son AND I learned about the endangered species and he's been a walking expert ever since!

we were able to get the disney themed kidsuite at hifs and it is like a whimsical dream scene. on the wall between the bathroom and kidsuite disney world was the scene on a hot air balloon. it made me smile very time i saw it.

we had a blast at hifs,too!! it was cool to see our daughters sing kareoke. and 3 tv was perfect. dh watched star trek,teen watched mtv and played nintendo 64,and i rocked our grand-dd to sleep to her favorite country music station!! now,thats the perfect vacation!!
ps.hifs has cribs and highchairs for the wee ones to use.

We stayed at HIFS in Feb. I recall the dinner buffet to be about $16 per adult. The kids eat free! I thought the food was good. (I'm not that picky). I do remember they had a pasta bar. I don't remember the kids menu. Sorry.
I highly reccommend this hotel. We are looking to stay here again when we go to WDW in Sept 2002. Looking for the $112 rate to go down some first. Last time I went it was on the BOGO free special. Only costs us $85 night. I havn't seen it that low since.

Thanks for sharing your report with us!

The last week in November (we were there a month ago today in fact :( ) the buffet was $13.95 for weekdays and 17.95 on the weekends - because it included seafood (crab legs, shrimp, etc...). The food was probably a 6 on a scale of 1 - 10. They do have a kids section with hot dogs, burgers, buns for both, chicken nuggets, spaghetti and macaroni and cheese. That was available all 3 times we ate there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter