Avatar at 3:35. California Grill at 6 advice

April 10, my wife and I have fastpasses at 3:35 at Avatar Flight of Passage and dinner reservations at California Grill at 6. Is it realistic to expect to be able to get back to our room at OKW and freshen up for dinner and still be there by 6?

You could probably do it, but you'll like need to uber to the Contemporary in order to have any time at all at OKW.

I was just about to say, it should be possible with Uber/Lyft. It will still be a hustle, but can be done!

Even with a fastpass, there can sometimes be a delay loading Flight of Passage, as there can be with any ride. Realistically, it will likely be after 4pm by the time you actually exit AK park, and then you have to allow bus time. I would take lyft/Uber to OKW AND to the Contemporary.

Is it realistic to expect to be able to get back to our room at OKW and freshen up for dinner and still be there by 6?
That might be a bit tight. Say you get in line at 3:30 when they can let you in, you might get on the ride and off by 4:00, maybe 4:15. Even the FP line can have a wait. If you snagged a minnie van or lyft right when you got out of the park, made it to OKW and to your room by 5pm you would have to be rather quick to freshen up and grab another minnie van or lyft to leave by 5:30. Not a whole lotta time. Maybe bring stuff with you to freshen up or if you could plan a break earlier say at 1:00 then back for your FOP FP then you could just head off to CG.

I don't have much experience with The Contemporary, but could you use the showers near the pool to freshen up if you brought clothes with you? It's a lot to carry, but just another option. I would keep trying to change that FastPass to an earlier time if your schedule will allow for it.

Dinner is the priority. I expect we'll just try to do a rope drop Avatar FOP maneuver, as we've done that in the past, and not use the FP at 3:35. I hate to be rushed.

It should work. You can get in the FP line 5 minutes early. Even if the line is bad, you should be done by 4:15. Get to the bus, if you have to wait, you should be at your room by 5.
Plenty of time to clean up.
As there is no direct resort to resort bus, I would take a taxi/Uber/Lyft. You should be able to get there in plenty of time.
Enjoy!

Also it won't be an issue if you're 5-10 minutes late for the ADR. You can even give them a call as a heads up.

Take 2 Ubers. Take one from AK to OKW. Freshen up, and then take another one from OKW to the Contemporary. We Uber all over the place while staying at WDW. It's pretty cheap, and there are a lot of Ubers around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter