Aunty's Beach House

wutnik

Earning My Ears
Can someone please explain to me how Aunty's Beach House works. From what I understand you are to line up before 8:00 am to sign up for the premium & complimentary experiences. These experiences are listed in the daily Iwa. Then Aunty's Beach House doesn't open till 9 am? Do you have to line up if your child just wants to spend a couple of hours at Aunty's? I'm finding what I read rather confusing. On the Disney Cruise ship we could drop our daughter off whenever she felt like going and took part in whatever experiences were going on at the time. I hope this is the case at Aunty's.
I am rather concerned of how busy Aunty's is going to be when we visit Aulani the first week of April. One of the reasons we picked Aulani is because my daughter (age 7) loves the Disney kids clubs and likes some time away from just Mom and Dad to make new friends.

Thanks everyone!

Am curious about this too. If you just want to have a adult dinner can you drop off your children beforehand? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is every bit as flexible as on the cruise ships, even more so actually. You can drop your children off anytime, without any advance reservations. There are usually multiple activities going on, such as a craft, a video game, a movie, and a scavenger hunt (all at the same time). In addition there may be one of the extra cost activities going on, which is what you do have to reserve in advance since they can only accommodate a certain number of kids. They also need some advance notice (I don't remember how long) if your kids are going to eat lunch or dinner at Aunty's.

My DGD (3yrs old) loved Auntie's when we went last Oct.

You will need to register your DD at Auntie's just like you do on the cruise ships.

First thing every morning they have "open house" at Auntie's. Adults can go in with children and see everything. I'd suggest you go see everything early in your trip. You can "drop off" anytime you want for as long as you want and there will be lots to do even if you don't sign up for any of the "special" programs---either the paid ones or the included ones.
Although probably one of the youngest at Auntie's, my DGD participated in some of the programs. The one that involved feeding the fish she really liked.
I would think at 7, your DD would love any of them.
My DGD asked EVERY day to go to Auntie's.

For lunch or dinner at Auntie's there is a fee, but it is a bargain compared to some other options at the resort. DD could play and have lunch or dinner while mom and dad have some adult time---spa, dinner, whatever.

I had a different experience than PP. for the premium (paid) experiences, you can sign up ahead of time or anytime while you are there. I thought the rest was just drop in. I woke early to grab coffee and heading back to our room at 7:45 I saw a line outside Aunty's - went over an asked and I learned you DO need to sign up - day of only - for certain special but free activity (Stitch Space Goo, The volcano one). I was there over spring break and it was crowded. I stayed in line that morning I found it and then did one other time. Our daily IWA will tell you which things require pre-registration. This held true for family activities too - animation class, ukulele lessons, etc. I didn't hear of the family ones actually filling up but the kid ones did.

You can drop off anytime during hours for general play - and they do activities there too - but the special ones are really cool. They take lots of pictures at all these events. When you head to photo desk you say which things you attended and they pull all pics up. You pick any of your family and add those to your photo pass. I was sad to hear they don't do this on cruises.

Long response but generally - I went down to front desk in morning while kids were asleep, looked at the daily IWA and that would tell me what required sign up and then I decided whether to go wait in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter