Aulani Resale Closing Timeline

ELMC

DIS Veteran
For those of you who purchased Aulani resale, did you find that the closing timeline was longer than for a WDW property?

I just closed on mine. Passed rofr on 3/30. Title company Estoppel received on 4/11. Closing documents received on 4/24 signed and returned same day and so did sellers. Recorded on 4/26. I called and got my number... got points loaded last week. I received the paperwork from Disney last Thursday with the dvc magnets and welcome home letter. Compared to wdw it seemed to be about the same timeline.

Closing documents need to be notarized by both buyers and sellers for Aulani. You can look up the recorded documents on Hawaii comptroller website but they'll charge you per page to view your documents. I think it was $11. I used Fidelity and timeshare title inc. I could login to title company and see where in process they were. Seems like last part of the process was waiting for a lot book report which I think is the title searching process. Btw I didn't take title insurance for the extra $300. The title insurance company assured me they still do a very thorough search. My contract was small and a subsidized contract.

Add: I submitted offer on contract on 3/12? SO about 2 months total process.

Last edited:
I just closed on mine. Passed rofr on 3/30. Title company Estoppel received on 4/11. Closing documents received on 4/24 signed and returned same day and so did sellers. Recorded on 4/26. I called and got my number... got points loaded last week. I received the paperwork from Disney last Thursday with the dvc magnets and welcome home letter. Compared to wdw it seemed to be about the same timeline.

Closing documents need to be notarized by both buyers and sellers for Aulani. You can look up the recorded documents on Hawaii comptroller website but they'll charge you per page to view your documents. I think it was $11. I used Fidelity and timeshare title inc. I could login to title company and see where in process they were. Seems like last part of the process was waiting for a lot book report which I think is the title searching process. Btw I didn't take title insurance for the extra $300. The title insurance company assured me they still do a very thorough search. My contract was small and a subsidized contract.

Add: I submitted offer on contract on 3/12? SO about 2 months total process.
Thank you so much for sharing this information. My experience was completely different. The sellers and I both returned our documents on March 16th, but the deed was not recorded in Hawaii until May 3. The representative from the title company told me that delays like this are common with Aulani resales, and I'm trying to see whose experience is the norm, mine or yours.

Perhaps it has something to do with the title search and title insurance? That seems to be a long wait! I do know that as soon as the lot book report was completed it went for review and then recorded. Sounds like the hold up was within the title company.

Perhaps it has something to do with the title search and title insurance? That seems to be a long wait! I do know that as soon as the lot book report was completed it went for review and then recorded. Sounds like the hold up was within the title company.
That may be it. The broker is looking into it now, hopefully I'll get some clarification.

Depends greatly if you have a Japanese seller. Then its months. Also factor in "Hawaii Time". We offered in September and got our cards in mid April. :o

Depends greatly if you have a Japanese seller. Then its months. Also factor in "Hawaii Time". We offered in September and got our cards in mid April. :o
I would think this plays a big part. My seller was in the us. There was a loan through dvc on the contract. Seemed like part of the process according to timeshare log of what was happening had to do with getting loan payoff, sending pmt to dvc... so that may tie things up too. We as buyers didn't do a loan so they had my $ right away. I did email title company and asked if it would be closing soon as it seemed like it was taking a while after estoppel received. As buyers, I purchased and put my daughter on the contract. With Aulani contracts needing notarized signatures, and my daughter being in Alaska I was a little concerned. They got closing papers right out when I mentioned she was leaving the country for a couple weeks. From the date of recording in Hawaii on 4/26 it was still a week and a half before I had access to my points online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter