Aulani Owners Thread - ALOHA!

We just stayed at Aulani for the first time last month and decided to do resale (just passed ROFR today! 🥳). We're from the Bay Area and have done a number of trips to Disneyland the past 2 years, but we don't really utilize the resort much other than to sleep at on park days. On non-park days, we're driving around SoCal area to visit friends or eat/shop. Most of our Disneyland trips are pretty short too so figured we wouldn't be staying at a DVC resort for our Disneyland trips, so not being able to book at the new VDH was something we're fine giving up by doing resale. For the Orlando resorts, my wife is not an outdoorsy person so not booking at the Cabins really doesn't matter to us, so it's only the Riviera we'd be missing out on, which is fine since we'll be going to Aulani more than WDW.
Welina mai i ka ʻohana Aulani!

You mentioned intangibles. Being only 15 minutes to DLR, you can attend DVC moonlight magic easily even if not staying on site.
I had actually forgotten about moonlight magic entirely until your comment, and I am HYPED now because I’ve been jealous of that event for years!
As a DLR local, I want to make sure you know you can’t just easily get into VDH 3-5 months in advance. At some point, it may become very challenging to get in at 7mo as well (I’m not sure how bad it is now at the 6-7mo mark)… as locals, we rarely plan far enough out to be able to use points at VGC or VDH—but I’m a bit hypocritical on this because I’m in the process of buying VGC resale—just enough to stay a few nights a year.
Thanks - I think we would either plan for a special event (like a birthday) well in advance or stalk for a single night or two here or there with tons of flexibility, which it seems can be effective from historical data of the popular resorts. I do expect it will get more challenging than current availability info suggests, so I appreciate the heads-up to take that into account.

We did end up buying 150 direct at Aulani - we were able to lock in the rate while we were there with a few weeks to decide once we got home, but now it’s official! Thanks to everyone who offered insight; I appreciate it!

I had actually forgotten about moonlight magic entirely until your comment, and I am HYPED now because I’ve been jealous of that event for years!

Thanks - I think we would either plan for a special event (like a birthday) well in advance or stalk for a single night or two here or there with tons of flexibility, which it seems can be effective from historical data of the popular resorts. I do expect it will get more challenging than current availability info suggests, so I appreciate the heads-up to take that into account.

We did end up buying 150 direct at Aulani - we were able to lock in the rate while we were there with a few weeks to decide once we got home, but now it’s official! Thanks to everyone who offered insight; I appreciate it!
Congratulations and Welcome Home!

Got a question for anyone that has stayed in a 2BR at Aulani lately. All the pictures show a pull out sofa and a pull out chair, but I have seen people mention the pull down little murphy under the TV. Does that mean the pull out chair is no more? TIA for any answers.

I am in the middle of planning a trip to WDW in April, I am having a real hard time getting excited about it because all I can think about it how much I want to go back to Aulani.

We are likely going to go again in August so I gotta be tough with myself and proceed with WDW and not do Aulani 5 months apart (3 times in 1 year)

I am in the middle of planning a trip to WDW in April, I am having a real hard time getting excited about it because all I can think about it how much I want to go back to Aulani.

We are likely going to go again in August so I gotta be tough with myself and proceed with WDW and not do Aulani 5 months apart (3 times in 1 year)
My wife and kids previously said their max stay was 6 days…. after this last trip they said they could do up to 10 days as long as we sprinkle in off property days every 3 days make most of the days kick back days.

As long as you can use groceries to control the food costs (Foodland Farms and Target) and understand what you are getting into with a Disney hotel then it’s a pretty great experience

My wife and kids previously said their max stay was 6 days…. after this last trip they said they could do up to 10 days as long as we sprinkle in off property days every 3 days make most of the days kick back days.

As long as you can use groceries to control the food costs (Foodland Farms and Target) and understand what you are getting into with a Disney hotel then it’s a pretty great experience
I admit making dinner in room and even doing laundry was actually super enjoyable at Aulani.

Got a question for anyone that has stayed in a 2BR at Aulani lately. All the pictures show a pull out sofa and a pull out chair, but I have seen people mention the pull down little murphy under the TV. Does that mean the pull out chair is no more? TIA for any answers.
I believe the pull out chair and pull out sofa is in the dedicated 2bd, the 2bd lock off should have the smallish Murphy bed and pull out sofa.

Just put the last night on for an 11 night reservation for Easter 2025. 😃 We’re using 2 years of points but YOLO, right?

Staying in a Standard View 1BR! Since there are not 1st floor standard views (which would have been my preference) it seems the obvious request is 5th floor?

VERY pumped for my first trip to Oahu and my kids first trip to Hawaii, period.

Staying in a Standard View 1BR! Since there are not 1st floor standard views (which would have been my preference) it seems the obvious request is 5th floor?
Congratulations on grabbing the rooms for your Easter trip!

Not sure why you would say that 5th floor is the best for you to request. What is important to you?

Congratulations on grabbing the rooms for your Easter trip!

Not sure why you would say that 5th floor is the best for you to request. What is important to you?
I was initially hoping to be on the same floor as the pool, but given the opportunity to save 50 points with a standard view room, I’ll take the points.

So then what’s next most important? I don’t have a strong feel for it. We haven’t been there so I don’t have a good sense of the pros and cons, but it does seem from the views threads here and elsewhere that the top floor of standard view can see over the convention center and has some pretty mountain views.

I wouldn’t be crushed with any room though. We’re going to be at a beach resort in Hawaii. 🏖️

Just put the last night on for an 11 night reservation for Easter 2025. 😃 We’re using 2 years of points but YOLO, right?

VERY pumped for my first trip to Oahu and my kids first trip to Hawaii, period.
Nice! You will love it. I was worried I wouldn't after buying Aulani sight unseen. I am a hard one to please and I fell in LOVE.

I was initially hoping to be on the same floor as the pool, but given the opportunity to save 50 points with a standard view room, I’ll take the points.

So then what’s next most important? I don’t have a strong feel for it. We haven’t been there so I don’t have a good sense of the pros and cons, but it does seem from the views threads here and elsewhere that the top floor of standard view can see over the convention center and has some pretty mountain views.

I wouldn’t be crushed with any room though. We’re going to be at a beach resort in Hawaii. 🏖️
We did split stay, Ocean View and Island. While the view was amazing, we weren't in the room hardly at all and when we were we were getting ready to leave and not looking at the view anyway. Island View we did get to watch the Luau that we didn't attend so that was a plus. But 50 points is alot that can be put to good use another time.

Will be nice for those who have Alaska miles to have points that can be used on either. From where I live Alaska has horrible flight options so Ive never racked up any miles with them.
I feel like the two had similar flight times out of Portland, so I worry they will cut the flights in half and jack up the prices…..

As long as I can still use the buy one get one for $99 companion fair…. I won’t complain if I pay a bit more but can get the Hawaiian Airlines experience.

I feel like the two had similar flight times out of Portland, so I worry they will cut the flights in half and jack up the prices…..

As long as I can still use the buy one get one for $99 companion fair…. I won’t complain if I pay a bit more but can get the Hawaiian Airlines experience.
If you had good options on both before, you are probably right you will likely have only 1 option in the future. For me Hawaiian has a direct option but Alaska always has 1 or 2 layovers to Hawaii and pretty much anywhere I want to fly. Hawaiian prices fluctuate like crazy, I have seen some really great deals to Hawaii.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest