August 2010 Code watch

IMGONNABE40!

<font color=green>Okay, I already am 40, but if I
:sail:

Anyone else looking to go in August and hoping for a code?

I booked a bounceback earlier this month. So, I have 2 rooms at Pop with free dining for 9 nights. I have an AP so we only purchased 1 day base tickets for 3 adults and one child. Total is $2042. That averages about $95 per night per room when I net out the tickets.

What I would like to do is spend the last 2 nights at either the Contemporary or the YC. A great code could make that happen. Also, I am in on the planning for a 50th anniversary trip for my aunt and uncle which overlaps with our dates a bit. They will need 4 or 5 rooms at least and would like to stay at the BC. A code would be a big help to them as well.

So, anyone joining me on my watch? :sail:

Okay, here is something. Some are reporting on another thread that they got a PIN in a recent email.

"Here are the dates that were in my email:

For stays most nights:
1/3/10–1/6/10 1/10/10–1/14/10 1/18/10–2/11/10 2/15/10–3/27/10 4/11/10–7/1/10 7/5/10–10/7/10 10/11/10–11/23/10 11/28/10–12/16/10

Hope this helps you! "

So, there is a PIN out there for August. No idea why the PIN was sent to that poster, but a few others indicated they received the same email...

Yes, any discount offer would be great for August 2010. Luckily, in the past there have been a few different offers for that time of year. Hope it continues. :hourglass

dh:goofy: dw:teacher: ddprincess: ddprincess:

I am also watching for a code or pin for Aug. Is it to soon to hope for one??:woohoo::woohoo:

Glad to see I have company!!

I would have thought it was too soon, flc831, but there is a PIN out there that covers ALL of August!! So, maybe sooner than we think.

Just read a thread about someone deciding between 2 rooms at ASMu or a Family suite...now I am thinking about the suite...

:sail:

Anyone else looking to go in August and hoping for a code?

I booked a bounceback earlier this month. So, I have 2 rooms at Pop with free dining for 9 nights. I have an AP so we only purchased 1 day base tickets for 3 adults and one child. Total is $2042. That averages about $95 per night per room when I net out the tickets.

What I would like to do is spend the last 2 nights at either the Contemporary or the YC. A great code could make that happen. Also, I am in on the planning for a 50th anniversary trip for my aunt and uncle which overlaps with our dates a bit. They will need 4 or 5 rooms at least and would like to stay at the BC. A code would be a big help to them as well.

So, anyone joining me on my watch? :sail:

I booked a bounceback for next August also. Can you use a PIN and a bounceback? I wishing with you!

Just read a thread about someone deciding between 2 room at ASMu or a Family suite...now I am thinking about the suite...

I booked the suite because I will have 5 kids with me. I called Saturday to add another room for my nieces who will be helping me on the trip.

So, it'll be me two teenagers and my grandchildren 7, 6, 6, 5, & 3.

I booked the suite because I will have 5 kids with me. I called Saturday to add another room for my nieces who will be helping me on the trip.

So, it'll be me two teenagers and my grandchildren 7, 6, 6, 5, & 3.

:scared1: :faint:

I think the suite is a great idea for your group. I highly suggest taking the bedroom as your own and letting your group of little ones share accomodations in the living room. I am sure the little one can triple up with the 2 in the double pull out!!

At this point I won't upgrade to the suite since it may end up being just 2 of us and I will cancel one of the rooms. If it remains 4 people then I will have another family to split expenses and the suite becomes a more reasonable option. My friend will decide by March or April is she will go, so, hopefully I will be able to make any needed changes at that time.

:scared1: :faint:

I think the suite is a great idea for your group. I highly suggest taking the bedroom as your own and letting your group of little ones share accomodations in the living room. I am sure the little one can triple up with the 2 in the double pull out!!

At this point I won't upgrade to the suite since it may end up being just 2 of us and I will cancel one of the rooms. If it remains 4 people then I will have another family to split expenses and the suite becomes a more reasonable option. My friend will decide by March or April is she will go, so, hopefully I will be able to make any needed changes at that time.

Thanks, I think I'll take your advice on that! My husband felt the same :scared1: So, he won't be joining me.

I booked a bounceback for next August also. Can you use a PIN and a bounceback? I wishing with you!

If you are referring to free dining as your bounceback, then, no, you have to pay rack rate for your room in order to get the dining. Typically at a value with more than one person, the free dining works out well. For the mods and deluxes...not so much. You typically work out better with a 40% code with a deluxe than you do with free dining.

So, I am hoping for the 40% code to add a couple of nights at a deluxe at the end of our trip. We won't likely do the dining plan on those days.

Okay, here is something. Some are reporting on another thread that they got a PIN in a recent email.

"Here are the dates that were in my email:

For stays most nights:
1/3/10–1/6/10 1/10/10–1/14/10 1/18/10–2/11/10 2/15/10–3/27/10 4/11/10–7/1/10 7/5/10–10/7/10 10/11/10–11/23/10 11/28/10–12/16/10

Hope this helps you! "

So, there is a PIN out there for August. No idea why the PIN was sent to that poster, but a few others indicated they received the same email...

Glad there's a pin, but what's the offer? Is it room only, free dining, what?? Need more info. Thanks.

Glad there's a pin, but what's the offer? Is it room only, free dining, what?? Need more info. Thanks.

I didn't get the offer, just trying to extract details from a thread started by someone who go the PIN. Here is what she said in her opening post:

I recieved a PIN code for 20% a value resort, 30% off a moderate resort and 40% a deluxe... I called to see if I could use it and I saved over $1600!!!!!

So, looks like a room only PIN. Someone posted later in the thread the dates I posted above.

Here is the thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2314502

:lmao:

The other day I went on the Disney website to get some prices for BWV to help a poster here figure out if he had a good deal renting points or if he might get a better deal if 4/3 came out for his dates... So, today I get an email from Disney Destinations saying they noticed I was interested in BWV for May 1-5... I thought Huh? :confused3 Then I remembered!! So, they sent me a PIN!!! :cool1: The email didn't list dates, but said to call...

Now, I am looking for a PIN for August 2010, and I know there is one out there. So, I call to see what dates my PIN is good for...and, the CM tells me 10/4/09-12/24/09! Okay....They send a PIN because they see I was interested in May 2010, and the PIN is only good for 2009? And, I get the PIN on 10/28 when travel started on 10/4??? :confused:

I may call again...;)

If you are referring to free dining as your bounceback, then, no, you have to pay rack rate for your room in order to get the dining. Typically at a value with more than one person, the free dining works out well. For the mods and deluxes...not so much. You typically work out better with a 40% code with a deluxe than you do with free dining.

So, I am hoping for the 40% code to add a couple of nights at a deluxe at the end of our trip. We won't likely do the dining plan on those days.

Thanks. I learn something new everyday I visit the boards.

:wave2:

There isn't a big difference between 2 rooms and the suite. 2 rooms with 1 day base (2 adults, 11 yo, 5 yo) is $2042 and the suite with 1 day base is $2306. But, if we go with the 2 rooms, I will pay for one, and my friend will pay for the other. We could also share the price of the suite. However, if my friend is unable to go, I can cancel a room and pay only $1021. But, if I switch to the suite and my friend can't go I will still have to pay $2306. So, when my friend makes a decision I will see if a suite is still available we will go with that. If not, we will just stay with the 2 rooms. Either way, the bounceback gives us free dining!! :banana:

We do love our free dining!;) I've never seen the suites, do they have any type of kitchen set up/ refrig, toaster, etc?

I have no trip planned for next year, and I must do something about that! Even though I was there last month, I'm having withdrawls. We went for a few days in Aug too, and though it was hot (still hot:rotfl:) crowd level was not bad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter