• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

FP are getting close :)
Yes! So exciting and stressful at the same time! :)

first off you will get way more than PP and WtP done during EMH at MK. We have done it multiple times. Here’s what we get done and the order we do it in: PP, WtP, meet Ariel, Little Mermaid ride, Barnstormer x2. If you go straight there, PP will be a walk-on. This was the case even with me in a wheelchair last trip, which meant we did not get there very swiftly.
Thta's what I thought but I figured I'll just plan those two and have in mind a couple more if we get done early. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Your timing for getting to ‘Ohana should be fine as long as there isn’t a monorail breakdown or something (which happened to us once on the way to 1900 PF).
If the monorail happens to have a break down, I'm wondering if the boat launch would work. In any case, I'll cross my fingers it will be fine. We'll head there right after the Muppet thing.

We’ve been to ‘Ohana twice and didn’t wait more than 20 minutes for our reservation each time. Nice amount of time for potty breaks and the kids to browse Moana Mercantile.
Good to know. Yeh, I figure it will be nice to look around. I'm not sure if I ever have!

AK looks great!
Thank you!

Maybe I’m crazy (probably), but I’m thinking they won’t go to tiers there. I think they have enough headliners to keep it the way it is even with the 2 new rides. Plus, there will be several families who will only be doing the boat ride anyway because their kids will be too short for FoP.
I am hoping you are right!

You’re so close to FP+ booking!
Yes, its fun to plan it but I will sort of be freaking out until its done. Of course, it won't truly be done until hours get extended.

Meanwhile I’m sitting here waiting for DLR dining reservations and park hours to post less than 3 months out. It’s such a different experience!
I know, right? So weird, I bet. Do you know if once they release hours at DLR, they stay the same? If so, I think I would just prefer it be that way at WDW. Too many changes around here!

Hi! I fell super behind, and you've been a busy planning bee!!
No problem! Thanks for coming back by!

I have zero advice, but I'm following closely; you're good at the puzzle!
Thank you! I never thought about it that way, but you are so right that it is like putting a puzzle together. It feels like it might work....but who truly knows until we actually get there, right??

Hope your FP day is smooth. Hopefully if the tier AK you'll get all you need!
Thank you!!

If the monorail happens to have a break down, I'm wondering if the boat launch would work. In any case, I'll cross my fingers it will be fine. We'll head there right after the Muppet thing.

The boat launch would work well if you're not already on the monorail (which we were) ;). But they were fine with us being late to our reservation because of what happened.

I am hoping you are right!

So it looks like I am wrong lol. One day later I am seeing on FB that folks will only be able to book one Avatar FP per day. That's what happens when I open my big mouth!

Yes, its fun to plan it but I will sort of be freaking out until its done. Of course, it won't truly be done until hours get extended.

So very very true.

I know, right? So weird, I bet. Do you know if once they release hours at DLR, they stay the same? If so, I think I would just prefer it be that way at WDW. Too many changes around here!

I have no idea! It looks like they at least start out by posting longer hours than WDW does, so if it does change it wouldn't be by as much. They seem to be far more generous with their hours out there! From what I've gathered it looks like the parks will be open from 8:00am-12:00am everyday with 7am morning magic hour while we're there. The 7am magic hour only happens once in a blue moon at WDW.

The boat launch would work well if you're not already on the monorail (which we were) ;). But they were fine with us being late to our reservation because of what happened.
Good to know!

So it looks like I am wrong lol. One day later I am seeing on FB that folks will only be able to book one Avatar FP per day. That's what happens when I open my big mouth!
Eh, I guess they are sort of going to tiers. But only the Pandora rides are restricted. I could make 1 day work if I wanted to, but I think to really enjoy all AK is going to have to offer, we should just bite the bullet and take the 1.5 days with FPs booked for both days. I hate giving up ANY MK time though.

They seem to be far more generous with their hours out there! From what I've gathered it looks like the parks will be open from 8:00am-12:00am everyday with 7am morning magic hour while we're there. The 7am magic hour only happens once in a blue moon at WDW.
That sounds wonderful!! You guys are going to have a blast! I am very envious of your trip.

So not an official update, but because the news broke about FPs for Pandora being available tomorrow, so therefore by my FP booking date, and because they announced that only one Pandora FP can be booked per day, we will probably stick to the 1.5 days in AK, and give up half of an MK day...even though I truly don't want to! I need to get over it and probably will eventually. I could make 1 day work but I think we would have to give up too much to do so.

I'll need to slightly re-work my AK plans.

I had meant to work on my Epcot plans today but with the FP announcement, I've been tied up. Thank goodness I still have 1.5 weeks to get it all figured out.

@StarWarsMomofGirls! it always get so crazy at this stage of the game....I do promise I'll get over it once I get FPs booked and I get all these plans nailed down. Then I'll be ready to celebrate....until about a week or so out and then I'll stressed again! :)
Ha! So, it's a love hate relationship! I can understand that! I was feeling the pressure right before my ADR day.

So not an official update, but because the news broke about FPs for Pandora being available tomorrow, so therefore by my FP booking date, and because they announced that only one Pandora FP can be booked per day, we will probably stick to the 1.5 days in AK, and give up half of an MK day...even though I truly don't want to! I need to get over it and probably will eventually. I could make 1 day work but I think we would have to give up too much to do so.
I like that they are only doing limit 1 fastness for Pandora instead of a full tiered system.

This makes me wonder if we will want 1 & a half days as well? But I am thinking we might just see what we can and just have to wait for the rest next trip...

Looking forward to the last of your touring plans!

I completely understand this! I was doing some preliminary planning of days for next summer (because I am completely insane and need help, which is pretty typical of psychologists lol) and was trying to rationalize spending 4 days at MK, which doesn't even make sense. I don't think you'll end up regretting putting the extra time into AK, though. You will have so many new things to experience there and, while I'm sure it will be crowded, I'll bet the atmosphere will be amazing and exciting.

Ha! So, it's a love hate relationship!
Absolutely! LOL

I like that they are only doing limit 1 fastness for Pandora instead of a full tiered system.
Me, too. It gives me a lot more flexibility!

This makes me wonder if we will want 1 & a half days as well? But I am thinking we might just see what we can and just have to wait for the rest next trip...
Sounds like a good plan. And I do know ADR day is coming up for you (right?) but you do have time to see how things play out then try to change your plans if need be.

Looking forward to the last of your touring plans!
Me, too...if I can get some time to get them done! Work and real life is getting in the way of my Disney planning! Sheesh! ;)

I was doing some preliminary planning of days for next summer (because I am completely insane and need help, which is pretty typical of psychologists lol)
Haha...don't think it is insane at all. Do you not think I will start planning 2019 as soon as this trip is over???

was trying to rationalize spending 4 days at MK, which doesn't even make sense.
I begrudgingly agree because I am sure I would start out trying to do the same...oh, I almost did. HAHA

I don't think you'll end up regretting putting the extra time into AK, though. You will have so many new things to experience there and, while I'm sure it will be crowded, I'll bet the atmosphere will be amazing and exciting.
In my mind, I am certain this will be the case...it's my heart that is having a hard time accepting this, and doesn't want to give up MK time...if that makes sense. :)

Ok. I LOVE how you planned out your snakcs and drinks with what to get and where. I am going to steal that for my TP. Just so my husband thinks I am even more OCD!

I have been reading they haven't been offering late FP for Everest. But I haven't paid close enough attention to see what the time is. Something about the line spilling into the ROL craziness.

Ok. I LOVE how you planned out your snakcs and drinks with what to get and where. I am going to steal that for my TP. Just so my husband thinks I am even more OCD!

I have been reading they haven't been offering late FP for Everest. But I haven't paid close enough attention to see what the time is. Something about the line spilling into the ROL craziness.
I have to write it down or I'll forget!

I know they did that with EE last year so I'll have to see what's available. Bc I have tickets already attached I can look at FP availability 30 days out.

Been following along but had no real opinions. :)

I hate trying to plan out FP, especially trying to match them up to the meals you made 100 days ago and also trying to keep from running all over the park. Sounds like you have some good plans in place.

I agree about doing some extra time in AK. I know you hate to give up MK time but with all the new things happening at AK it makes sense to spend some extra time there, especially since they are limiting you to one ride per day for Pandora.

Have you seen the new Fantasy parade at MK? If you haven't I really recommend that you try to make it one day if you can. It is such a gorgeous, bright parade. We saw it 3 times on our last trip cause we all loved it so much. Not that you need another thing to try and work into your day and around your afternoon break. ;)

Been following along but had no real opinions. :)
Thank you for following along!

I hate trying to plan out FP, especially trying to match them up to the meals you made 100 days ago and also trying to keep from running all over the park. Sounds like you have some good plans in place.
It stresses me out to hope I guessed right on times!

I agree about doing some extra time in AK. I know you hate to give up MK time but with all the new things happening at AK it makes sense to spend some extra time there, especially since they are limiting you to one ride per day for Pandora.
Yep, it is pretty much a done deal now to have to spend the extra time.

Have you seen the new Fantasy parade at MK? If you haven't I really recommend that you try to make it one day if you can. It is such a gorgeous, bright parade. We saw it 3 times on our last trip cause we all loved it so much. Not that you need another thing to try and work into your day and around your afternoon break. ;)
We haven't and I know we should one day but its just sooo hot midday and one of mine still naps and the other wants to swim, so we will probably push it to another trip. But thanks for the opinion!

So again, not an official update because no time right now and my head is sort of spinning, but there have been a few changes from Disney, therefore some minor changes to my plans. I'm really trying to nail down my touring plans to get these FP's booked. There's a ton of things I keep telling myself I need to put in my PTR but now I can't remember what all they are. Obviously the tiering came out for AK and it is not nearly as bad as it could have been so that dictates some of my schedule. But then, Disney messed with AK show times and took away the 10am FotLK that I wanted, plus I forgot that Character Outpost closes at 7:30 so I just had to re work my AK plans for the umpteenth time. Last year they took a Nemo show time away which messed up my plans but then they put it back. So who knows if they will do that this time or not...but I can't wait on them. I got enough of my Epcot day planned that I know when to book FEA but I still have my final DHS day to plan for.

Still haven't finished my food budget but FP planning takes precedent right now. I have ordered a bunch of stuff (magic band decals, etc) and plan to order a few more things so I will share those in my next update or so. And I am going to go through the boys' clothes over Spring Break to see if I have enough outfits for them.

Thanks for continuing to follow along!

I'm caught up. You're a much better planner than me. :worship: We booked our trip at less than 90 days out so I have not gotten the meals and times I would really like. My DH has an opinion on everything so I can't just do what I want. Your Fp+ is much better planned out. I do want to give you my eternal gratitude for breaking the Pandora Fp+ on the avatar thread. I was at a robotics competition in Kenner, La but thanks to you I got my fast pass. I'm looking forward to seeing your decals. I need to pick our bands and I plan on getting decals too.

I'm caught up. You're a much better planner than me. :worship:
I'm just obsessed...truly...lol.

My DH has an opinion on everything so I can't just do what I want.
Boo..hiss!! DH will probably be like that after he gets this trip under his belt!

Your Fp+ is much better planned out.
Thank you! But I hoinestly stress that I am doing it all wrong!

I do want to give you my eternal gratitude for breaking the Pandora Fp+ on the avatar thread. I was at a robotics competition in Kenner, La but thanks to you I got my fast pass.
No problem! Glad I could help!!

I'm looking forward to seeing your decals. I need to pick our bands and I plan on getting decals too.
I got them from Thimble and Threads on etsy. I got a Tangled one and a Park Maps one for myself, Cheshire Cat and Wreck It Ralph for AJ, and Dr Tooth (Muppets) for DH. I didn't get Will any bc I don't know that he will wear his (or that I will let him), so I got him some Cars bracelets from Amazon so he feels like he belongs...lol.

I got them from Thimble and Threads on etsy. I got a Tangled one and a Park Maps one for myself, Cheshire Cat and Wreck It Ralph for AJ, and Dr Tooth (Muppets) for DH. I didn't get Will any bc I don't know that he will wear his (or that I will let him), so I got him some Cars bracelets from Amazon so he feels like he belongs...lol.

I'll have to check them out. I've been looking but haven't narrowed down my search yet. I was thinking about getting Danielle a Tangled one too, her favorite Princess. Chris has been looking and has picked out a Stitch one. For Dennis and myself I most likely just do a small decal like last time. I can't wait to see your decals.

Wow wow wow you are the planning goddess!:worship:
I'm gonna have to study your Touring Plans for park days so that I can come up with something remotely close for our August family trip. I'm so used to winging it, and it's much easier with just me and DH but then realize that we're taking a bunch of newbies with us this time, so unless I give them a guideline of what rides to do first, they will probably do something ridiculous, like Carousel of progress first. LOL
I do have a touring Plans membership but never really use it for the actual touring plans but August is probably a good time to use it!
Thanks for all the great detail. I personally think your plans look great and I like how you adjusted your meals based on where you will be at that time of day.
I'm sad you won't be able to do the Bon voyage breakfast! But it is a pain to get to if you're not staying in that area. So it's on my plan for May when we're at the Boardwalk but not for August when we're at the Poly.

So I was randomly perusing the WDW site, as I said I've been known to do and decided to check for a ROL dining package on 6/7 and found one. I don't know if you're still wanting one, but I went ahead and snagged it in just in case you are. It's a 10:45am breakfast.

Wow wow wow you are the planning goddess!:worship:
Thank you! Though I'm sure there are several planning goddess' around. I just happen to enjoy it...even though it can stress me out! Haha.

I'm gonna have to study your Touring Plans for park days so that I can come up with something remotely close for our August family trip.
Study away! I haven't posted them all because I just finished them so I'm not sure if I'll post those now or not. But I'll probably be posting them again as I get closer to the trip, after and final changes.

I do have a touring Plans membership but never really use it for the actual touring plans but August is probably a good time to use it!
I really like the site and the planning tools. I hope it ends up bring useful to you!

Thanks for all the great detail. I personally think your plans look great and I like how you adjusted your meals based on where you will be at that time of day.
Thanks again. It's funny though...how much planning goes into 180 day ADRs and then they get tweaked and adjusted or deleted or changed as time passes!

I'm sad you won't be able to do the Bon voyage breakfast! But it is a pain to get to if you're not staying in that area. So it's on my plan for May when we're at the Boardwalk but not for August when we're at the Poly.
Yeh, I'm hoping to do BW or BC next trip so maybe I'll do it then, along with Beaches & Cream, as I ended up dropping that one, too.

Thanks for reading!

So I was randomly perusing the WDW site, as I said I've been known to do and decided to check for a ROL dining package on 6/7 and found one. I don't know if you're still wanting one, but I went ahead and snagged it in just in case you are. It's a 10:45am breakfast.
I don't think I'm going to end up needing it but that doesn't mean I don't want it as a back up...so yes, I'd love to coordinate with you to pick it up. I'll message you my number and you can text me if you want whenever you are ready. We can do it tonight, probably before midnight est or if that doesn't work, whenever works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter