At Aulani Now, Random Observations

Re the seating in front of Ama Ama. There are two levels. The top level features chaise loungers under evenly spaced umbrellas, which are not bookable, but first come first served. Some people are there by 6:30 am and just sit there until 8 am, when you can put towels on them and then leave them unattended while you swim.
The lower level features 6 Casabellas (2 person covered loungers with cushions). Those you can book ahead of time, and that’s what I did at 3 am pacific time three months before checking in. It was a pain, but eliminated having to try to get the first come first served plain chaises at the crack of dawn, or stand in line before 8 for a casabella on the beach. That said, the Ama Ama casabellas are not all fully booked on some days, but some days they are.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply - really appreciate it!

Re the seating in front of Ama Ama. There are two levels. The top level features chaise loungers under evenly spaced umbrellas, which are not bookable, but first come first served. Some people are there by 6:30 am and just sit there until 8 am, when you can put towels on them and then leave them unattended while you swim.
The lower level features 6 Casabellas (2 person covered loungers with cushions). Those you can book ahead of time, and that’s what I did at 3 am pacific time three months before checking in. It was a pain, but eliminated having to try to get the first come first served plain chaises at the crack of dawn, or stand in line before 8 for a casabella on the beach. That said, the Ama Ama casabellas are not all fully booked on some days, but some days they are.
I'm back with one more question! How much did you pay - I'm seeing different things online....$175 or $250...? which honestly seems a little insane.

I'm back with one more question! How much did you pay - I'm seeing different things online....$175 or $250...? which honestly seems a little insane.
Assuming that their online menu is updated, it it $125 per person. Wine pairing is +$65.

I wouldn't call that insane at todays prices. You won't come close to that cheap in Vegas for similar food quality.

Assuming that their online menu is updated, it it $125 per person. Wine pairing is +$65.

I wouldn't call that insane at todays prices. You won't come close to that cheap in Vegas for similar food quality.
We are talking about two different things here - I am asking about the new reserved seating in front of ama ama not the actual restaurant which I already know is out of my price range 😂

I believe the prices you mentioned are for the lanais. The casabellas are just the chairs in the strip below ama ama. I think they are $100.

We are talking about two different things here - I am asking about the new reserved seating in front of ama ama not the actual restaurant which I already know is out of my price range 😂
Sorry, you're right. I mis-read your post.

I believe the prices you mentioned are for the lanais. The casabellas are just the chairs in the strip below ama ama. I think they are $100.
Ok thank you - I think that's what is confusing - its a little hard to find info out there and this website just confused me. and then I had sticker shock! If you refer to where they speak to lower and upper....? I remember the ones to the very side that needed to be reserved last time I was there so maybe that's what they are referring to? (I was trying to find out the number to call hence the internet search :) )

https://alohaaulani.com/cabanas-and...re are 4 types/locations,calling 808-674-6200.

Fun snorkeling tip!

It’s a pretty easy 20 minute walk from Aulani to Electric Beach, otherwise known as Kahe Point Beach Park. No need to drive. All you do is follow the railroad tracks that the little tourist train running through Ko Olina uses. It’s a fun walk on a trail right by the tracks, with great views of the ocean and dramatic views looking down the cliff to the water, where we saw dolphins and a lone sea turtle right by the rocks below.
Once you get to Electric Beach (named for the electric plant across the street), the snorkeling is amazing. Many think it even surpasses Hanauma Bay.

Fun snorkeling tip!

It’s a pretty easy 20 minute walk from Aulani to Electric Beach, otherwise known as Kahe Point Beach Park. No need to drive. All you do is follow the railroad tracks that the little tourist train running through Ko Olina uses. It’s a fun walk on a trail right by the tracks, with great views of the ocean and dramatic views looking down the cliff to the water, where we saw dolphins and a lone sea turtle right by the rocks below.
Once you get to Electric Beach (named for the electric plant across the street), the snorkeling is amazing. Many think it even surpasses Hanauma Bay.

This is fantastic, thanks so much!
I've always wanted to head over to the Electric plant/beach snorkelling area and we have yet to do it.
I have read it's kind of deep with a steep drop off and rough-ish waters, did you find it like that?

This is fantastic, thanks so much!
I've always wanted to head over to the Electric plant/beach snorkelling area and we have yet to do it.
I have read it's kind of deep with a steep drop off and rough-ish waters, did you find it like that?
Not really a steep drop off, but there is a current to be aware of. I went out pretty far and it was more effort to swim back than I thought it would be, though for me it was no problem. I don’t think it would be an issue if you stay closer to shore. There were many people there, as well as a lifeguard in a tower.
Also, even if you don’t swim, there are great overlooks along the path, where we could see dolphins in the distance and a sea turtle swimming around the rocks right below.

I’m going to Disneyland in a few weeks and am disappointed to find out my magic band won’t open my Disneyland hotel door.
I see Aulani lets you link a magic band. Can you open your room door with it?

I’m going to Disneyland in a few weeks and am disappointed to find out my magic band won’t open my Disneyland hotel door.
I see Aulani lets you link a magic band. Can you open your room door with it?
Not to get too far off on a tangent but Disneyland needs to get it together with the MB. I had problems linking my band in the app, finally got it. My first day there, I couldn't tap it to get into the park but the ticket worked in my app. Then I couldn't unlock my door so I went down to the front desk. "It doesn't do that." Okay. So then I'm in the shop and I want to charge to my room. "Oh, we can't do that." Okaaaaaay. At the parks I'm in a restaurant. "I'd like to charge to my room." Nope. What can it do? Not much, apparently. It buzzes and lights up during fireworks. Yay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter