As a child did you have a neighborhood grocery store?

Not in the neighborhood. Small town and small neighborhoods outside of town surrounding a central stretch of commercial.

We had several grocery stores scattered around the area in commercial stretches of the main roads. Today there's only one and it's outrageously expensive.

Yes... we had a small market in our neighborhood. I remember I could go in and charge to my parents account and they paid it every month. My mother would send me over on my bike to grab things she needed for dinner.

We had a little carry-out store about a block away. We use to go there back in the 70’s and get a paper sack of penny candies. It was so fun picking them out. Sometimes in the summer we would get popsicles.

Yes, and No. Our small town had a small store (it would be called a convenience store now) with some grocery items. I only remember being a child and walking there (down the street) and buying penny candy. Yes, they had penny candy when I was young. I would get a nickle or a dime oncer a week, and it seemed like a million dollars to me as a child. I know I drove the store owner crazy looking and looking and looking at all the candy and trying to make up my mind, LOL.
I'd say No, because it was not a big chain store, just a little Mom and Pop store.

There were a few within walking distance. I know there was Key Food and the name of the other one escapes me. It is still there though as I was in it last weekend when I visited my mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter