Arriving in 12 days (parks Friday-Monday), what can we expect crowd/weather wise?

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
We're a WDW family and if we were going to WDW we would be packing at least 2x a day a pair of shorts and t-shirt (the humidity and heat in Florida are terrible). While I know California is also HOT, the lack of humidity makes me think I can possibly get away with wearing the same pair of shorts/shirt throughout the day. Thoughts as I need to start packing by next weekend and I'm already stressing out over it.

12 days! How exciting. We went in June and it was HOT. All of our days were 90-95. I would still pack enough clothes to change once a day unless maybe you could do laundry during your trip. Even though it isn't humid in CA, you may not want to wear the same clothes all day long. We changed almost every day. Standing in lines in the hot sun can really make you sweat. Do you have any idea what the temperature will be?

12 days! How exciting. We went in June and it was HOT. All of our days were 90-95. I would still pack enough clothes to change once a day unless maybe you could do laundry during your trip. Even though it isn't humid in CA, you may not want to wear the same clothes all day long. We changed almost every day. Standing in lines in the hot sun can really make you sweat. Do you have any idea what the temperature will be?

Thank you and no clue. I tend to believe that with 12 days to go, the weather can still change so once we're in the "less than one week" count, I try not to pay too much attention. :)

Even in early June, we pack at least 2 outfits a day. We always head back to the hotel around 2:30-3 for a swim or to relax and then return in the late afternoon around 5-6 to stay till closing. We always change clothes before we go back. It will be hot and unless you pack wicking clothing, I would bring 2 outfits a day. Don't forget to hydrate and pack plenty of sunscreen. It sneaks up on you.

We packed two outfits per day for each park day we were there. We went mid-June for 4 days and then again in late July for 1 day. The June dates were warm (mid 80s) but not super humid. July was low 80s but felt like mid 90s because it was super humid. So even though CA normally isn't humid, they do get some days where the humidity is higher. Even locals we know were talking about how humid it was in July. It was nice to take a break mid day to rest, clean up and change clothes. I hate being in sweaty clothes all day, so fresh clothes made it feel like we could go back to the parks and be re-energized for the evening/night.

I would definitely bring 2 outfits per day just because it can get hot and you may not want to be stuck in the same clothes all day. It does get humid here (not super common, but I always say prepare for the weather to be.. unpredictable .. cause it can say it's a certain temperature one day and then a couple days later it could be totally different!)

Is there an event or something?
Magic Key holders will all be unblocked shortly before. Additionally, they will all be trying to see the parade before it goes away on Sept. 1st. The reservation calendar for Magic Key holders got booked up almost immediately when it opened. Also, Sundays and Mondays are always bad apparently.

Magic Key holders will all be unblocked shortly before. Additionally, they will all be trying to see the parade before it goes away on Sept. 1st. The reservation calendar for Magic Key holders got booked up almost immediately when it opened. Also, Sundays and Mondays are always bad apparently.
A lot of that makes sense... Except for the Sundays being bad thing. I've heard Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays and now even Tuesdays are starting to be horrible. Seems like almost no days are good days to go anymore except for maybe Wednesdays and Thursdays? Who has said Sundays are bad? That was my one weekend day I was hoping for some luck on.

I am going to be there around that time too! Wednesday the 24th to Saturday the 27th. I live in Silicon Valley and until 3 years ago when I started having kids I had an annual pass so went fairly frequently. When the weather was hot I usually took an extra pair of socks and an extra T-shirt with me for each day but I didn't go back to the hotel so that was all I was willing to carry around with me. If I did go back to the hotel I would have probably changed my pants too but it wasn't worth having to carry pants around too in addition to a shirt and socks.

This time I have the advantage of a stroller (has some plusses) so I can throw in whatever I want because I won't be hauling it around in a backpack. I am bringing my daughter 2 changes of clothes per day partially because of the heat and partially because she has only been potty trained for about a month...

I am going to be there around that time too! Wednesday the 24th to Saturday the 27th. I live in Silicon Valley and until 3 years ago when I started having kids I had an annual pass so went fairly frequently. When the weather was hot I usually took an extra pair of socks and an extra T-shirt with me for each day but I didn't go back to the hotel so that was all I was willing to carry around with me. If I did go back to the hotel I would have probably changed my pants too but it wasn't worth having to carry pants around too in addition to a shirt and socks.

This time I have the advantage of a stroller (has some plusses) so I can throw in whatever I want because I won't be hauling it around in a backpack. I am bringing my daughter 2 changes of clothes per day partially because of the heat and partially because she has only been potty trained for about a month...

Heads up ... as someone who went through this age just prior to the shutdown... plan on closer to 3 sets of bottoms for the little one. There are LOTS of distractions and they will forget that need to go more often than they will at home.

Heads up ... as someone who went through this age just prior to the shutdown... plan on closer to 3 sets of bottoms for the little one. There are LOTS of distractions and they will forget that need to go more often than they will at home.
Thanks! I will throw in some extras! Hopefully we won't need them but better to have them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter