Are You 23?

I am probably going to join either tonight or tomorrow. I would probably buy the magazines anyway, so I figure that I might as well spend the extra $11 for the membership. I really want to purchase a t-shirt with the charter date on it or the zip-up hooded sweatshirt. I hope everyone enjoys their membership!!

I am probably going to join either tonight or tomorrow. I would probably buy the magazines anyway, so I figure that I might as well spend the extra $11 for the membership. I really want to purchase a t-shirt with the charter date on it or the zip-up hooded sweatshirt. I hope everyone enjoys their membership!!

Unfortunately, the shirt only has the launch date on it if your ordered it yesterday! :mad: I'm really mad at myself for not getting one.

I understand what you're saying about the events, I would love to possibly attend one at WDW and wish they had one there. But, maybe they will add things.

Did you read the FAQ yet? I'm paraphrasing this, but it said something about holding the Expo in Anaheim for the first four years, then possibly alternating coasts and maybe even going international.

Did you read the FAQ yet? I'm paraphrasing this, but it said something about holding the Expo in Anaheim for the first four years, then possibly alternating coasts and maybe even going international.

Not only that, but there may be other events or special things happening at the other parks.

also in their rumor mill that yes AP got to see previews at the park the D23 will hopefully get you discounts or some type of point system for Disney movies and stuff...

This is EXACTLY what I predicted would happen. I believe that once its all said and done, most people's opinions will change. I don't think they've finished with their offerings yet, this is only the beginning. I've missed several ground floor opportunities with Disney (and in other things as well) and didn't want to let this one fly by.

I just hate seeing all the negativity about Disney lately. I do have a personal connection, as it is the place that my Father and I vacationed all the way up til his passing.

Like I said, keep the faith...I know I have.

Incidentally, getting in on the ground floor is exactly why I now have free 7-day passes for Universal Orlando on the way...as I was quick on the draw when I saw the Superbowl Ad. In my experience, its often rewarded to be first. So I'll be in Orlando this year spending my first few days for FREE!!!

When I was looking at the D23 site yesterday, I saw that there will be a "members only" preview of the new Disney movie "Up".

"Meet some of the creative forces behind Up and enjoy a special screening of Pixar's latest gem — the Uplifting adventure of a lifetime! We're still working out the details, but stay tuned... we'll keep you updated as details are finalized"

So it does look like there will be some Members only offerings.

Has anyone bought any of the D23 merchandise? I want to buy one of the pins but can't decide which one to buy, I wish I get all 3 but can't. I would like to buy one of the t-shirts but most of the time I need a 3XL size and the sizes only go to XXL. I do like the baseball cap too hopefully they will come out with more.

Well, I did order one of the t-shirts, but it doesn't ship for 2 weeks. :confused3 I looked at the pins too, but I pretty much only collect certain ones, and those didn't fit my collection.

Well, I did order one of the t-shirts, but it doesn't ship for 2 weeks. :confused3 I looked at the pins too, but I pretty much only collect certain ones, and those didn't fit my collection.

Oh wait til you see the Mickey pin that was handed out at the shareholder's meeting. It looks like the gold tink pin, only with the marching Mickey. I have some pics I can post later this evening if you'd like to see.

This is EXACTLY what I predicted would happen. I believe that once its all said and done, most people's opinions will change. I don't think they've finished with their offerings yet, this is only the beginning. I've missed several ground floor opportunities with Disney (and in other things as well) and didn't want to let this one fly by.

I just hate seeing all the negativity about Disney lately. I do have a personal connection, as it is the place that my Father and I vacationed all the way up til his passing.

Like I said, keep the faith...I know I have.

Incidentally, getting in on the ground floor is exactly why I now have free 7-day passes for Universal Orlando on the way...as I was quick on the draw when I saw the Superbowl Ad. In my experience, its often rewarded to be first. So I'll be in Orlando this year spending my first few days for FREE!!!

Joe I am sure everyone feels they have a personal connection to Disney. I think that is part of the reason people are so passionate about Disney. It is because of that that many people feel let down. There seem to be two camps...those that love Disney and are happy to scoop up whatever they offer and those that love Disney and expect maybe a bit more after being a devoted consumer. (well a third camp...those that love Disney but don't really care about this kind of stuff...that would be me LOL).

Doesn't mean one is right and one is wrong. Everyone's perceptions are different. This is a discussion board...which means people discuss their opinions...positive and negative. Sometimes it is hard to hear, I got reamed over a post I made last night. But whatever, people are entitled to their opinions. If you don't want opinions than a blog is probably a better option.

Joe I am sure everyone feels they have a personal connection to Disney. I think that is part of the reason people are so passionate about Disney. It is because of that that many people feel let down. There seem to be two camps...those that love Disney and are happy to scoop up whatever they offer and those that love Disney and expect maybe a bit more after being a devoted consumer. (well a third camp...those that love Disney but don't really care about this kind of stuff...that would be me LOL).

Doesn't mean one is right and one is wrong. Everyone's perceptions are different. This is a discussion board...which means people discuss their opinions...positive and negative. Sometimes it is hard to hear, I got reamed over a post I made last night. But whatever, people are entitled to their opinions. If you don't want opinions than a blog is probably a better option.

I never said it did. Everyone can have their own opinions. I just know how these things shake out. Once everything is announced, all of a sudden everyone will love it and magically forget all the negative things they said, even though Disney plainly said there was more to come. Like I said, I've been rewarded from time to time when I've got in on the ground floor...so I'm giving it a shot. I do think there were a few who had over-expectations, half off on rooms, etc...I mean common folks, but you have that when things like this happen. Incidentally, I'm now hearing that members get to see the movie "UP" before anyone else, that's a nice start.

As to your post last night, I looked at it. Being in the travel industry, I can point you to a case similar to yours. See the link below:

http://www.elliott.org/blog/does-jetblue-owe-me-a-cash-refund-for-canceling-flight-427/

I never said it did. Everyone can have their own opinions. I just know how these things shake out. Once everything is announced, all of a sudden everyone will love it and magically forget all the negative things they said, even though Disney plainly said there was more to come. Like I said, I've been rewarded from time to time when I've got in on the ground floor...so I'm giving it a shot. I do think there were a few who had over-expectations, half off on rooms, etc...I mean common folks, but you have that when things like this happen. Incidentally, I'm now hearing that members get to see the movie "UP" before anyone else, that's a nice start.

As to your post last night, I looked at it. Being in the travel industry, I can point you to a case similar to yours. See the link below:

http://www.elliott.org/blog/does-jetblue-owe-me-a-cash-refund-for-canceling-flight-427/

everyone needs to ignore me today...I am in a pissed off mood and I am taking it out others. I apologize.

everyone needs to ignore me today...I am in a pissed off mood and I am taking it out others. I apologize.

No biggie...you're back in this board among friends.

Geez, maybe we should all avoid straying to other boards, sounds like people aren't very nice in other places.

:snooty: < - Me, ignoring Sand

J/K :laughing: We all have our days when we are not feeling ourselves. I hope that your day gets better and your mood gets brighter :hug:

:snooty: < - Me, ignoring Sand

J/K :laughing: We all have our days when we are not feeling ourselves. I hope that your day gets better and your mood gets brighter :hug:

today was just a reminder to be careful when you stray from the threads and people you "know".

today was just a reminder to be careful when you stray from the threads and people you "know".

I know what you mean. I used to frequent several boards but now the DIS is really the only one I go to.

I know what you mean. I used to frequent several boards but now the DIS is really the only one I go to.

it was here. I was mad about something last night and I vented, maybe I was wrong who knows, but I got ripped apart.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter