• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are we insane not to make PS for Dec

EsmeraldaX

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

My PS making time is fast approaching and I have a pretty good idea of what we will do.

Day 1 / Dec 1
Our arrival day will be late at night, so we will just grab something in the food court at Pop Century.

Day 2 / Dec 2
breakfast at 1900 Park Faire
snack during the day (we're light eaters)
and fairly early dinner at LTT before MVMCO

Day 3 / Dec 3
Breakfast in the room or food court.
Lunch early at Biergarten
Dinner at Marrakesh

Day 4 / Dec 4
Sci Fi Diner (early lunch)
Dinner at Prime Time cafe

Day 5 / Dec 5
AK morning
I have no idea... really don't want to decide where we'll be yet

Day 6 / Dec 6
grab something in food court before we have to leave to go back to freezing MA...

Would I be insane to not make any PS for Day 5? The date will be
Sunday, Dec 5. We're fine with eating at odd times.

What do you think?

Cool. :) We figure we'll probably wind up at Epcot, but maybe not. If we do, we simply can not pick a country.

One day I will become independently wealthy and go to WDW for like 3 months and eat 3 meals a day and try out every resteraunt.

Well its only one day and you are not picky so no. But be prepared for long waits at a sit down meal. It looks like its going to be pretty busy around Dec.

Have you already made your PS for LTT before MVMCP? If not, you might be out of luck as many of the nights are already booked up. I'm betting that many timeslots will open once the standard 90 day window opens and some people switch to CP or other restaurants that aren't getting an early PS. Good luck with your trip! We can't wait to see the decorations! (Oh, and we're going our last day without any PS' - just want to go with the flow and visit whatever parks we haven't visited enough up to that point!)

I think you will be fine. If you do the meal deal that they offer at AK, you can certainly fill up easily on a combo meal and then the ice cream or popcorn with the soda or water later on in the day. I think you will be fine to let that be a "float day". I also wish to suggest that you consider doing the breakfast at RFC, because we really enjoyed it. Have fun! Maggie

Hey EsmeraldaX, Looks like we will be there at about the same time!!! DGF and I will be at the parks 11/27-12/02, then on to the Wonder for a 3 day cruise...Anyway, IMHO, I would maybe think about where you might want to be that day, and go ahead and make a dinner PS in that area...that way if you do want a nice meal your PS will be there...if not, then simply do not go...Disney will fill the time slot with someone from a standby line. I quess I just figure that it is always better to have a PS, and bail out of it, than want to eat somewhere and have to wait for God knows how long...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by flexsmom
Have you already made your PS for LTT before MVMCP? If not, you might be out of luck as many of the nights are already booked up. I'm betting that many timeslots will open once the standard 90 day window opens and some people switch to CP or other restaurants that aren't getting an early PS. Good luck with your trip! We can't wait to see the decorations! (Oh, and we're going our last day without any PS' - just want to go with the flow and visit whatever parks we haven't visited enough up to that point!)

Yup. We made that back in May when we got our tickets! :) I really can't wait for that one!! :)

That's sort of what we want to do on our last day too. We just don't have any idea where we'll be.

You got a PS for the only meal I would be worried about! We've been that time of year, and there is always an area of the World that is going to be slower, and plenty of food choices that will have little or no wait. Not that I expect this will happen often, but we actually walked up to Rose and Crown one December night, after learning our PS was worthless at Coral Reef (would be an hour + past our PS time). We were seated on the terrace, had dinner and watched Illuminations for dessert. WONDERFUL!
And we waited less than 20 minutes to be seated. Even our DD, who was just under a year old at the time didn't get restless or fussy from being too hungry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter