Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

The cheesecakes sounds/looks so yummy! I am not sure about the cheeseburger pods? Are they kind of dry? Do you eat them with ketchup and mustard (or mayo.. but do we really need to start talking about mayo here too ;) )? I love homemade chips, so those look delish!

Your pictures are always great. I remember you talking about your camera in a previous TR. Do you carry a backpack in the parks then?
The outside definitely is a little dry. I think they have ketchup and mustard on the inside. I’m not sure if you could get more or not. The chips were definitely really good. No mayo for me please!

Normally I don’t carry a backpack but this trip I did because I was solo and it was easier.

The Arrival

I should mention we landed about 15-20 minutes late due to having to go around a storm. I was on a Magical Express bus in no time and on my way to All-Star Sports which happened to be the first stop. I head for the check in counter even after doing online check in to see if there was a room available yet. The CM helped me out and said my room was ready which was a surprise. I also ended up opting out of turn down service which got me a $30 Disney gift card. After heading to my room I discovered I got a preferred King room. Not something I originally intended but no complaints from me!

View attachment 311313

View attachment 311314

View attachment 311315

View attachment 311316

Notice in the bathroom that there are soap dispensers. These have been rolling out at the values instead of individual soap bottles. This didn't bother me at all throughout this trip but I did miss the little bottles. Overall the room was fine so far. The All-Stars are about to begin a renovation of their rooms to look like the Pop Century rooms so within the next year or two they will have updated looks which will help.

Good start so far! I'm planning a solo trip in Sept. Maybe you'll convince me to try an All-Star instead of my usual POP

A Festival and a Safari!

So this update is gonna be a lot of posts because the DIS limits 10 images per post and I take a tonnnnnnn of photos of things at WDW.

Anyways...

After having an excellent lunch at Satuli Canteen I got in line at the Harambe Theater for Festival of the Lion King! This is IMO the best show in all of Walt Disney World. It never gets old seeing it trip after trip.

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2715JPG.jpg

IMG_2727JPG.jpg

I was seated in the Giraffe section.

IMG_2737JPG.jpg

IMG_2738JPG.jpg

IMG_2740JPG.jpg

IMG_2754JPG.jpg

IMG_2760JPG.jpg

IMG_2765JPG.jpg

IMG_2770JPG.jpg

Continued in Next Post...

Festival of the Lion King is a must do every time at Animal Kingdom! I wish one day they will add the song "he lives in you" because it's such a great song and it will make the show a little longer which would be a plus.

Ryan, your photos from the show are fantastic - especially the action shots. They make me wish I were there. The photos with audience members show that almost everyone, no matter the age/gender, enjoys the spectacle. There is so much talent!

Due to cast rotations for the principals, I find the show often can have a new feel to it, no matter how many times it has been seen. This is one draw that I hope Disney never eliminates!

Festival of the Lion King is a must do every time at Animal Kingdom! I wish one day they will add the song "he lives in you" because it's such a great song and it will make the show a little longer which would be a plus.

That would be an interesting add to the show. They only have so much time though. They likely would have to sacrifice in other areas.

Great photos of the Festival of the Lion King! Those shower dispensers in the room though, just ugh. NO.

Thanks! Yeah it didn't bother me too much but I do miss the bottles.

Ryan, your photos from the show are fantastic - especially the action shots. They make me wish I were there. The photos with audience members show that almost everyone, no matter the age/gender, enjoys the spectacle. There is so much talent!

Due to cast rotations for the principals, I find the show often can have a new feel to it, no matter how many times it has been seen. This is one draw that I hope Disney never eliminates!

Thanks!

The cast definitely plays a role into how the show feels and this cast was one of my favorites for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter