Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

You got some awesome merch at flower and garden and it was so cool that you got your mom something. Also meeting great CMs at Disney is such a special opportunity and that’s a huge reason why I love Disney and good luck on your final exam!
Thanks!

We also decided to get a garden statue. This was surprisingly only $40. It was HUGE! I had to have it shipped home. No way I was getting that on the plane.

img_1ny3956545-jpg.322275

We bought this same garden statue. I just love it

Finally I ended up getting my mom the Dooney wallet to surprise her.

That was very nice of you!

Here is when my next fantastic Cast interaction happened. This guy was pretty much our pre-fireworks entertainment. His name is Jeff and his wife and him are retired educators who now work for Disney. He has a blue name tag so you know he is good. He was out of this world good. He told us about a story of an interaction he had with a Make-A-Wish kid that would have made you cry. While so much has changed for better or worse at Disney its Cast Members like Jeff that make me come back.

We love Jeff! He makes the time go by so fast!! I've written several compliments for Jeff!

Free Tours!

So where was I headed to begin my final day at Walt Disney World? My favorite park of course; Animal Kingdom!

I didn't get there right at park opening but it wasn't far after.

Navi River Journey I hit up first because it was a short wait early in the morning. I really enjoy this ride but wish it was longer.

IMG_4148 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

These things are amazing!

IMG_4150 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

My first Fastpass of the day was Flight of Passage! My 5th and final ride on it this trip. I will never get sick of this ride.

IMG_4153 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4154 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

It really was a beautiful day.

IMG_4155 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4156 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4157 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4158 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4159 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I decided to grab some Starbucks and explore the Tree of Life.

IMG_4160 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4161 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4162 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4163 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

This is why I love this park. The details are incredible. I could just walk around for hours without doing any attractions and feel satisfied.

Little detail below as this altar piece (I think thats what it is?) lines up perfectly with Everest.

IMG_4164 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4165 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was time to ride Everest!

IMG_4166 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

After that I headed over to catch a train for Rafiki's Planet Watch. Since February I think it was, Disney has been running free backstage tours at Rafiki's for guests. I wanted to take full advantage of that as I love that kind of stuff.

IMG_4169 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4172 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

They were performing a routine check up on a small monkey.

IMG_4175 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I signed up for the first tour of the day which was at 10:45 and waited around until it happened. I was so excited!

IMG_4176 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4177 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4178 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4180 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4182 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_4184 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Then it was tour time! For the tours you sign up at the Wilderness Explorers counter. You sign up for the tour you want and sign a waiver. The tours are unadvertised and still on going but they are said to be stopping soon. I hope that is not the case. No photography is allowed on the tours of course. The tours last 30 minutes and can go to 4 different places. During the tour you only visit 2 of those 4. For my tour we started by visiting the vertebrate center. It was a very small building in the far back of Rafiki's. You have to walk outside the building backstage and across a parking lot. Inside hundreds of bugs, and insects are kept in a climate controlled room. An invertebrate expert is on hand to talk about them and answer questions. After that we headed back into the main building and inside the animal hospital area. We got to look at the CT machines for the animals. They have two of them. One that could fit a child or small adult and the other that could fit very large animals. During this time in another room they were performing a procedure on a wild dove they found. Disney can and will treat any wild animal found on its property. After that the tour was over and we were asked to fill out a survey. Our guide was Shannon and she was incredible throughout the duration of the tour. I really hope they continue these into the future as I would love to do it again.

IMG_4187 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I know I had another Fastpass that I used but it is escaping me at the moment. It was likely Dinosaur. Anyways I headed on out and to Magic Kingdom next for some final rides.

Up Next: One Last Hurrah!

Navi River Journey I hit up first because it was a short wait early in the morning. I really enjoy this ride but wish it was longer.
I feel the same way!!! I really like the music and I love those little critters' shadows hopping around on the leaves above your head. I would love if it was longer!!!

Woo!! Nothing better than being VIP :)

Did you free hand those characters?! You're so talented--the bathroom looks great!!

Great morning at Animal Kingdom. I love the Tree of Life and I had no idea that altar lined up with Everest. Cool!

Congrats on finishing up the semester. The bathroom looks great!

I feel the same way!!! I really like the music and I love those little critters' shadows hopping around on the leaves above your head. I would love if it was longer!!!

Woo!! Nothing better than being VIP :)

Did you free hand those characters?! You're so talented--the bathroom looks great!!

I agree.

I created a stencil first to draw on the wall and then painted them.

Great morning at Animal Kingdom. I love the Tree of Life and I had no idea that altar lined up with Everest. Cool!

Congrats on finishing up the semester. The bathroom looks great!

I forget when I learned that detail but it’s one of those awesome things about AK.

Thanks!

Your pics of AK are truly exceptional. Just completely gorgeous. And I LOVE the bathroom!!! :love:

When you say you sign up for the tours at the Wilderness Explorers counter, you mean the one at Rafiki's Planet Watch? I LIVE for the backstage stuff and that sounds FABULOUS!!!

Your pics of AK are truly exceptional. Just completely gorgeous. And I LOVE the bathroom!!! :love:

When you say you sign up for the tours at the Wilderness Explorers counter, you mean the one at Rafiki's Planet Watch? I LIVE for the backstage stuff and that sounds FABULOUS!!!
Thanks!

Yes the counter at Rafikis Planet Watch.

So if the whole college thing becomes a bust I'd totally pay your way to Ohio to paint my house with Disney themes. :D

Awesome that you got the free tour. Hoping those stick around a bit longer.

So if the whole college thing becomes a bust I'd totally pay your way to Ohio to paint my house with Disney themes. :D

Awesome that you got the free tour. Hoping those stick around a bit longer.
Lol, we have a Mickey kitchen, and another one of our bathrooms is Finding Nemo. I wanted to do a Haunted Mansion bathroom but nobody else wants that.

I hope they stick around too.

Lol, we have a Mickey kitchen, and another one of our bathrooms is Finding Nemo. I wanted to do a Haunted Mansion bathroom but nobody else wants that.

I hope they stick around too.
Who wouldn't want a HM bathroom?!?! That sounds awesome. Nice job on the bathroom! It looks great!

Oh wow, I didn't know they did any free backstage tours! Thanks for posting that. My DD twelve-year-old vet wanna be would absolutely love that. Here's hoping they are still doing them in January . . .

And the bathroom is amazing, you are so talented! I was just scrolling through quickly and at first, I thought that was part of your backstage tour!

Oh wow, I didn't know they did any free backstage tours! Thanks for posting that. My DD twelve-year-old vet wanna be would absolutely love that. Here's hoping they are still doing them in January . . .

Yeah the tours started a couple months ago. They are said to be stopping at the end of the month but I hope they continue as well.

And the bathroom is amazing, you are so talented! I was just scrolling through quickly and at first, I thought that was part of your backstage tour!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter