Are Movies today better then ones made over 30 years ago

If you asked this last month, I'd have said, "no". I mean, how many current or recent movies are remakes or sequels? But despite this very valid ;) opinion, a surprising number of current/recent films are appealing to me: Bohemian Rhapsody, Welcome to Marwen, Vice, Holmes & Watson, (okay) Mary Poppins Returns...

I think comedy movies were better in the earlier decades compared to now. Those movies had a ton of quotable lines that people know to this day. I don't know many movies made in the past decade that were very quotable and familiar to most people.

Action movies, some are better, some are worse.

Depends. I do feel that past comedies are better due to their wit, timing of line deliveries, and jokes.

I enjoy very few movies today. Either they are way over the top with special effects or just plain ridiculous movies (comic book movies and the 15 remakes of all the good movies from the 80's and 90's.)

I'm disappointed in most modern movies. I realized this while watching the new Jurassic World and Star Wars movies. The newer films never have time to "breathe" it's just moving from one special effects sequence to another. I think about how quotable the movies I loved from the 80s and 90s, were. We don't do that with modern movies. Even ones we theoretically "like." And I don't hear a lot of other people quoting modern movies either.

I agree both good and bad in every era. I do find the movies I really enjoy today are based on a true story. I will say now going to the movie theatre is a treat at 12.00 a ticket reserved seating!:eek::faint:

I got MoviePass when it was still a good deal ($9.99/month, 1 non-IMAX/3D movie per day). We dropped it after a few months because we had a hard time finding enough movies to watch that made it worth the monthly subscription. There's some good stuff during Christmas and early summer but the rest of the year, not so much, at least for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter