Are Disney resorts now making guests pay for housekeeping services now?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I heard that if you are staying at a Disney resort you have to pay for housekeeping services now and I would like to know if it is true? Because I always thought when guests stay at hotels and motels daily housekeeping service was free and included with your stay. But to me it seems odd that Disney resorts want guests to pay money to have their room serviced now. From what I heard "and this is the truth and not false information by the way" the only thing guests can ask housekeeping to do for free is empty the garbage cans and take out any garbage that they have and ask for extra things such as toilet paper towels blankets pillows and other things but if you want the housekeeper to make the bed or change bedding it's by request only. I think once the pandemic ended and Walt Disney World reopened Disney resorts started to make some changes to their hotels and this was one of the changes Disney began to do to their resorts and people were shocked at this change and soon other hotels and motels followed suit. To me I think daily housekeeping services should be free to all guests at Disney resorts again because there's nothing more better than coming back to a clean room to relax and when you have families with children they can be messy at times and so by having this new way of getting housekeeping services is surprising to families now who go to Walt Disney World
Why did Disney resorts start doing this to guests now?

They reduced it substantially, particularly at value and moderates. I've also read reports they don't do the entire room (bedding, showers, etc) every other day either unless you complain.

• Rooms at Disney Moderate and Disney Value Resorts will receive housekeeping service every other day.
  • Rooms at Disney Deluxe Resorts will receive daily full housekeeping service.
  • The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – A Disney Vacation Club Resort will receive housekeeping service every other day unless you are using Disney Vacation Club Member Points or a Member Cash Discount.
  • Rooms at other Disney Deluxe Villas will receive daily full housekeeping service unless you are using Disney Vacation Club Member Points or a Member Cash Discount.
  • If you are a Disney Vacation Club Member staying at a Disney Vacation Club Resort using Member Points or a Member Cash Discount, you will receive trash and towel service on the fourth day of your visit. If you are staying more than 8 nights, you will receive full cleaning service on the fourth day of your visit and trash and towel service on the eighth day of your visit.

They haven't started making people pay, but the decline in housekeeping since the pandemic is wild.

They tell you that its daily at the deluxe resorts but it sometimes get skipped, happens at completely random times and is poor quality. It used to be excellent. do they know how much they are charging per night? They can't keep expecting park guests to pay for their new generation of loss making studio decisions.

The worst pandemic wheeze Disney ever did was to try to phase housekeeping out of their hotels as the new normal to save cash. It stands out like a sore thumb and makes their hotels seem grotty.

Did you possibly hear this from someone who stays DVC on points? That is essentially a timeshare and no they do not get daily housekeeping such as making beds or changing bedding. I believe they used to be able to pay an extra fee to have that daily, but that paid option never returned after the pandemic. (please correct me if I'm wrong on that)

That is something I will never pay for IF they start. In fact, I would prefer them not come to the room until I check out. I can call them if I need something.

You are expressing outrage over something that is not true. Post-pandemic, I have stayed in deluxe, moderate and DVC (booked with cash through WDTC) and have received housekeeping at all levels, with no extra fee. I just stayed at YC two weeks ago, had daily housekeeping and even had towel animals each day. So, no, what you are stating is not true. In fact. the YC housekeeping staff went above and beyond in taking care of our room and creating magic for us - no extra cost.

I would love to know who keeps telling you these things that are blatantly untrue.

for them to stop interrupting my afternoon nap with their daily check every time I'm there.
I'm at Coronado right now and the room check always happens a couple of minutes after either me or my sister step into our room. Yesterday I was at the pool all day and I go to my room to shower. Literally 5 minutes later they come by for the room check. I'm so unlucky lol

You are expressing outrage over something that is not true. Post-pandemic, I have stayed in deluxe, moderate and DVC (booked with cash through WDTC) and have received housekeeping at all levels, with no extra fee. I just stayed at YC two weeks ago, had daily housekeeping and even had towel animals each day. So, no, what you are stating is not true. In fact. the YC housekeeping staff went above and beyond in taking care of our room and creating magic for us - no extra cost.
We just stayed at the Yacht Club in April and that was our experience as well.

We've had daily housekeeping since 2022 while staying at BWI, WL, and YC. Bathroom scrubbed, towels replaced, trash/recycling removed, mirrors wiped, counters polished, bed made, etc...

It's sad to hear people bad mouthing Disney and the mousekeepers.

We've had daily housekeeping since 2022 while staying at BWI, WL, and YC. Bathroom scrubbed, towels replaced, trash/recycling removed, mirrors wiped, counters polished, bed made, etc...

It's sad to hear people bad mouthing Disney and the mousekeepers.
Since 2022 I have stayed at BWI, WL, and the Poly for two weeks in each and housekeeping wasn't reliable at all in any of my stays.

I love Disney hotels but they just don't have a grip of housekeep again.

Well maybe I have just been lucky but all my stays since the pandemic have been at Pop Century and the housekeeping was always excellent. Yes it was every other day but my service day the room was completely cleaned and bed made. And along with my tip any toiletries requests were generously supplied. And yes although we were never in the room at the time I know we had the security checks because we never left any lights on but there was always at least one on when we got back to our room.

This sounds like typical Facebook FUD if I'm honest. Can't speak to other resorts but I've had excellent housekeeping service at Coronado, GF, YC and Poly in the post-reopening years. No days skipped either.
Stayed at CS in April. Housekeeping was every other day. They had a sign on the dresser informing this practice. They did say that if you needed something you could call and request. When they did provide service it appeared to be full service

Since the pandemic, we've been at three Deluxe resorts, and we've had very good housekeeping service at each one. At AKL and WL, they even made little towel animals for us every day.

No, not yet anyways. Wouldn't be shocked to eventually see this become a reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter