April 2004 - crowds & deals

Evelyn

Earning My Ears
Good morning. We (4 adults) are in the beginning stages of planning our Disney trip :) and it looks like April will be the month. With respect to crowds & resort discounts, anyone with any suggestions on the best time during that month to go? I understand that usually the spring break for Florida is the week after Easter - is that so? Any other spring breaks that anyone knows of during that month? Any help with this would be appreciated. Once I've nailed down the dates then I can start with other planning :)

I would avoid the week before Easter if you can. We found the weekend before (when the started the Easter parade) was crazy!
We went right at the beginning (around the 7th) and the weather was great.

The attendance chart I have shows it's very crowded the week before & after Easter so I'd try to avoid those weeks. Happy planning :).

We went April 2001 and April 2002 ~ towards the end of the month ~ April 20th-April 30th. Both times was 2-3 weeks after Easter. The weather are awesome! We got a deal of $94 USF at CSR last year. The crowds are medium to high, but the hours aren't too bad. MK closed about 8pm. We saw Spectro Magic twice last year and Fantasy in the Sky several times. We resorts did not seem crowded ~ in fact we spent an afternoon at FW and NO ONE was there. We had the restaurant to ourselves and the petty zoo too. It's a great time of year. S

We are looking at going around April 24th. Easter is the 11th and if history repeats itself this is when the season will change from peak to regular which means lower resort prices and fewer people.

We were just there on April 28th for 2 weeks. We checked in on the day that the rates changed. There were no crowds, not much of a line up for anything, we always got the PS we wanted when we booked the night before (for 6 people). The weather was great the first week (in the 80s) and a little hot for some in our party the second week (91-94). There seemed to be lots of teenagers at the ASSp, for school trips, but it did not effect us at all.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I had thought toward the end of April would be the best time to go and your posts have supported my theory.

Thanks ever so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter