APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked RPR in March when there was a $282/night SMSM rate for our Oct 10-14 trip. I paid in full as well, but am hoping for a lower APH rate and the difference can just pay for parking and our dog

I wish you well. I'm starting to lose hope for October.

The hotels book up no matter what houses they have for hhn

Some dates are hard to book during hhn period

I booked a 13 night stay last year for rpr this year
$217 + tax per night-rpr

Last week I was reviewing my reservations and realize I was shorted out one night
I know I glanced at it when it came but did not review it until recently

They have me for check out the day before my planned leave

Figure it was a glitch in my confirmation email that I got last year

I called to add that Thursday night
Was told sorry for the error but I can book that missing night at a rate of $375 + taxes
Can’t add it to my prior reservation was told

No way around it
Have to book a new reservation for the one night

I’ll couch surf that night in the lobby
Lol

Will be doing hhn that Thursday and leave the park at 1:00 am
Then eat at Jakes at 1:20
They close at 2 am

Have an early pickup Friday morning
3:00 am for a 5:09 am flight

So.... book now and adjust your rate when ap discounts come out

What night are you short? If you need a bed, son and I can share and let you have one.

I wish you well. I'm starting to lose hope for October.
My sister in law is now trying to book the same time as us (October 10-14). She doesn't have an AP, but our dates are pretty booked everywhere, especially the deluxe. HRH and PBR are showing availability October 11-15 now. Just no APH rates.

My sister in law is now trying to book the same time as us (October 10-14). She doesn't have an AP, but our dates are pretty booked everywhere, especially the deluxe. HRH and PBR are showing availability October 11-15 now. Just no APH rates.

My dates have rooms open and at regular pricing all week, at every resort. I can stay for as little as $169 at Cabana Bay or the Aventura, so I'll probably end up there, I just really wanted the Hard Rock, and my daughter really wants the Portofino. It's just frustrating to me, because we live on the west coast and only go once a year. I get the AP because the hotel discount usually pays for itself on a stay of 3 days. If I can't get a hotel discount the AP isn't worth it for me, when we can get military discount passes.

I’m now seeing PBH join HRH in being sold out for first weekend in Oct. not a great sign for APH rates nor the crowd levels in parks

We always used to go during fall break, which usually coincides with that time frame. Over the years the crowd levels have become intolerable. We are intentionally going later this year to avoid the madness. It just gets to the point that it's not fun, and the hotel seem to miss the mark with staffing, especially by the pools.

We always used to go during fall break, which usually coincides with that time frame. Over the years the crowd levels have become intolerable. We are intentionally going later this year to avoid the madness. It just gets to the point that it's not fun, and the hotel seem to miss the mark with staffing, especially by the pools.

October in general has become more popular over the last 2 decades. Used to be slooooow.

If I didn’t have DVC UY points with an October use year start and also committed to a private RIP tour Columbus Day weekend with my bestie, I’d have jumped to last week or two of September when the crowds are reported to be dead and APH rates are enticingly low.

We are looking at staying at the Royal Pacific in February of 2019. I'm a newbie with regards to Universal. In general, is RPR normally included in AP discounts? If so, is February normally included and what is the average % off? We are checking in most likely Presidents day for a 3 night stay.

We are looking at staying at the Royal Pacific in February of 2019. I'm a newbie with regards to Universal. In general, is RPR normally included in AP discounts? If so, is February normally included and what is the average % off? We are checking in most likely Presidents day for a 3 night stay.

Yes, in general ALL the resorts are included in APH rates. For that weekend, who knows? The best way to see is the old date and rate threads - here are links to 2017 and 2018 -

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-onsite-hotel-date-rate-thread.3660262/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2017-hotel-date-rate-thread.3569374/

We are attending one night during the latter half of the first week of October. I went ahead and booked RPR standard queen after reading the post by @keishashadow. HRH only had pool view queens left and was $70 more than RPR. PBH did have garden queens left, but it was still more $ than RPR.

I thought about booking a non-EP hotel, but given how quickly things were getting booked I decided I'd rather wind up with unnecessary EPs than no EP.

Changed my reservation for about the 20th time. Dropped a few nights off but picked up a Cabana Bay volcano side room woooo! APH rates still aren't out for late September/early October but SMSM was good to me.

on the lowes website where do I put the APH code under advanced options? or where does it go on universal website?

What is the best room category to choose if we want to try getting a balcony at Portofino? Or are they interspersed within all room categories? We're planning a 2 night stay in late November. Thanks for any advice!

What is the best room category to choose if we want to try getting a balcony at Portofino? Or are they interspersed within all room categories? We're planning a 2 night stay in late November. Thanks for any advice!
U might find answer in PBH sticky thread here if u search

I’ve stayed there more times than I can recall, my favorite.

Only one trip were we surprised to open the curtains in the am to see a small balcony! Nothing said at checkin btw. Had a platinum upgrade to a suite, bay view

I’ve read online that u can request a paid upgrade to one at checkin

It looks like the rates are available through Christmas, but not into January. I am toying with the idea of staying at Universal for the Disney Marathon weekend (doesn't THAT sound odd?) so I was hoping (wishful thinking?) that they might go into January.

So some APH rates are up for October. Weekends for the deluxes are sparse.

I'm there the week of the 21st and mid-week I've got discounted rates for Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls. No deluxe, and Aventura is still $169.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter