APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then you have me who has been asked to see my ap the last 6 times when I checked in at the hotel

For those that book the ap rate and plan to upgrade tickets when there for the ap, either book online or call the main reservation # to set up your reservation

You’ll be fine showing a valid ap before you check out of the hotel

Your booking room rate will be honored

Is there a better time of day to check for a aph rate. Looking for June - don't know whether to check in the mornings or during the day. Being checking daily for a June aph for awhile now. I have my current stay paid off so if I get an aph rate it would be extra money back to me for my vacay.

Is there a better time of day to check for a aph rate. Looking for June - don't know whether to check in the mornings or during the day. Being checking daily for a June aph for awhile now. I have my current stay paid off so if I get an aph rate it would be extra money back to me for my vacay.

It looks like they didn’t release June dates until March 17th last year. I don’t know if the opening of Volcano Bay pushed it off, or if that’s standard. If it the latter, then we’ve got a few more weeks to wait. Most hotel discount rates at other hotels are loaded overnight during their update and should be viewable by 9am local time for the hotel. I don’t know how the Loews Hotels work, but I’ve been told that about some in Vegas before.

I have been watching the annual pass rates for our 1 night stay at RPR on 04/07 which we currently have booked for $474. Found it today for $319, so called and asked on the phone if we could change to that rate even though we didn’t have our annual pass yet. We have 2 day 2 park to park tickets that I would upgrade one to save the difference. So wish I knew what the blackout dates in early 2019 would be as we are coming back down in end of March 2019 and don’t want to be blacked out if we get the seasonal or power pass.

... So wish I knew what the blackout dates in early 2019 would be as we are coming back down in end of March 2019 and don’t want to be blacked out if we get the seasonal or power pass.

Buy the pass you need for your 4/7 trip. If you decide to come back during a period that is blacked out for the pass you purchased, you can upgrade your pass at that time to one that isn't blacked out.

Buy the pass you need for your 4/7 trip. If you decide to come back during a period that is blacked out for the pass you purchased, you can upgrade your pass at that time to one that isn't blacked out.
Thanks, good point!

If I'm wanting to try to get a passholder rate for early December does anyone have any idea of when that might be released? Trying to figure out at what point I should start the daily checking.....

If I'm wanting to try to get a passholder rate for early December does anyone have any idea of when that might be released? Trying to figure out at what point I should start the daily checking.....

Me too! Is it best to book a room now and then change? Or just wait until the APH rates are released? Looking at HRH Garden Room. Six nights. Best rate right now is $242/night on the Stay More Save More promotion. Will that rate go up later on? Thank you!

Me too! Is it best to book a room now and then change? Or just wait until the APH rates are released? Looking at HRH Garden Room. Six nights. Best rate right now is $242/night on the Stay More Save More promotion. Will that rate go up later on? Thank you!

Book now to secure your rates and hotel

You can modify the rates later but do call to make the adjustments quickly
Only a number of rooms are allotted for ap rates

I booked last December for my fall 2018 stay
The smsm rate I booked at has recently increased

I’m locked in but only mention that to answer your question

We are going in September and now getting annual passes. We will get one preferred pass and two seasonal passes (no blackout dates on our two week stay). We will probably end up getting APs for my in laws as well. They love the Universal Vibe but almost only want to Volcano Bay.

We like to be able go wake up every morning and walk out and straight into Volcano bay. Last year we stayed at the Americana building and it was about 300 to 400 steps from our hotel room and into VB. So that means we (the sum of our group) like to stay at CBBR,
en though my daugher and I have been pushing for Deluxe resorts, but not succeeding!

Can you please help me out :). How does it work? Will the stay more save more discount be better than the ap one? We are flying in from europe and already have our flights booked. Should we wait for the AP room rates in September? I also saw that booking dot com has an even better price than SMSM discount gives you. Should i go with that website? Thats less than 99 dollars a night.

TYIA!

Last edited:
If you book the reservation yourself, you can modify your hotel rate

Book now with smsm rate and modify to the ap rate if it is better

You win either way

Your rooms are booked

Suggest you book sooner than later
Some of the hotels might not have your room type or dates available if you wait to book later this summer

Hhn starts mid September and some dates, especially weekends, fill up quickly

Going through some booking sites have penalties if you make a change
Some agencies charge $50 for each change made with them

Some require full payment days out from arrival

I do not know if booking . com has penalties for changing a reservation

Check the seasonal smsm rate chart on the UO website
This discount starts at 10% and up to 35%

The highest smsm discount is when you book at least a 7 night stay

When in September are you going?

My stay is a 14 night starting the end of September and continues into October
Smsm is 35% discount for my dates since I booked the end of the last day in the time period and continues for the rest of my stay
I can not beat that discounted smsm with my ap

We are going in September and now getting annual passes. We will get one preferred pass and two seasonal passes (no blackout dates on our two week stay). We will probably end up getting APs for my in laws as well. They love the Universal Vibe but almost only want to Volcano Bay.

We like to be able go wake up every morning and walk out and straight into Volcano bay. Last year we stayed at the Americana building and it was about 300 to 400 steps from our hotel room and into VB. So that means we (the sum of our group) like to stay at CBBR,
en though my daugher and I have been pushing for Deluxe resorts, but not succeeding!

Can you please help me out :). How does it work? Will the stay more save more discount be better than the ap one? We are flying in from europe and already have our flights booked. Should we wait for the AP room rates in September? I also saw that booking dot com has an even better price than SMSM discount gives you. Should i go with that website? Thats less than 99 dollars a night.

TYIA!

SMSM for that long of a stay will likely be the same, if not better than, the AP rate. The booking dot com rate sounds like it can't be beat. As long as you can cancel it if you want, I would go with that! It is unlikely you are going to get any rate for that price anymore!

Suggest you book sooner than later
Some of the hotels might not have your room type or dates available if you wait to book later this summer

I definitely want to agree with this. We're planning on being at Universal the few days before and after around Easter 3/29-4/3. I'm still hoping that at some point AP rates will get released and we can get one. As of right now though, there are no rooms at all for four people showing up any of the three resorts with Express Passes. I imagine this will change still before we go, but I am VERY glad we locked in our SMSM last fall.

How do you modify the rate later? I may book some rooms I am looking at since they are available now, and for all I know may be blocked out for AP rates. I heard (read) only one AP discount room per AP, so what happens if I only need to modify one or two of the rooms, can I still do it?

SMSM for that long of a stay will likely be the same, if not better than, the AP rate. The booking dot com rate sounds like it can't be beat. As long as you can cancel it if you want, I would go with that! It is unlikely you are going to get any rate for that price anymore!

Will go ahead and book it right now. We are coming home tonight from our Dubai vacation, but we still cant wait for Universal!

Thank you! I have booked using the UO website!

How do you modify the rate later? I may book some rooms I am looking at since they are available now, and for all I know may be blocked out for AP rates. I heard (read) only one AP discount room per AP, so what happens if I only need to modify one or two of the rooms, can I still do it?

Call to book and call to modify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter