• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP voucher ??

cristbaby

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=green>I'll be going
Can anyone tell me if I have gotten my voucher for an AP is there some place that I am supposed to go to register as an AP user? Can I even register with just a voucher? Also where do I find out more information about the DDE card? :flower:

I just took my first trip after buying the AP discount online. There is a website for AP users, but as you thought, you will have to turn in your voucher down at WDW to get your tickets, and your AP number will be on the back. After you get back from WDW, you can then go online to the AP
website. But let me tell ya this, you don't have to register online to get your
discounts, its just a special AP website that you look at with all the AP info available for ya. As for DDE card, there is a site on the DISboard that will
answer most questions on the AP discounts (including DDE). Since I have not posted that many replies to notes, it won't let me insert the exact address.
So just go the the first screen after you log in and take the discount tab up at the top (just under the discuss tab). Then in the middle of the screen you will take Annual Passholder Discount. Then Disney Dining. Have a Magicical day.

Mark

I was able to use the number on the back of my voucher to login and access the AP website: https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/passholder/passholdersGate?s=o

Just replace the month and year sections of your voucher number with the month in format MM and the year in format YY (for example instead of 6 for June, enter 06 and instead of 2005 for year, enter 05). I was able to get in and book rooms with the new Best Rate discount for my parents and brother. You have to use the web site to book these discounted rooms. I believe you can just call to get the other discounts.

I haven't ordered the DDE yet, but I'm planning to. Does anyone know if you can designate when it starts? I want it to correspond with the time when I activate my annual pass.

what is the benefit to buying the ap ahead of time-- I am going down at end of augus and plan to buy my ap while i am there- I will just show my DVC card and buy the ap--- I just dont see the benefit to getting a voucher ahead of time when you still have to show up in person to get it- why not skip the whole voucher process and just buy it when u get there??-- if i am missing something, please let me know

The only definite advantage I can see is that if there is a price increase before you get there, you'll lock in the lower price.

Maybe you also don't pay tax if you live out of state and buy it via mail order? I'm not sure about that.

There are 2 reasons I bought my AP ahead of time. One was to get discounted room rates for other family members that are going at the same time. They'll be staying in the WL while we have a one bedroom in the VWL. The second reason to get it ahead of time is to take advantage of the Disney Dining Experience. AP holders get $25 off the $75 fee and this entitles you to 20% off of food and drinks at most Disney restaurants. This program is only sold in advance. You can't purchase is after you arrive.

One reason I bought mine ahead of time is to have it paid for months ahead of my trip.. one less thing to budget for during the actual trip.

Aslo, I used it for the cheap rates at the AKL and to get a DDE card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter