AP upgrade?

ellenmiele

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
If i buy a dvc discounted gold AP but then i decide to visit WDW at Christmas, can i upgrade the gold AP to platinum? (because of the gold blackout dates) Its not very likely that Id decide to go then but just in case I want to know what my options are.

:thanks:

I'm guessing you could upgrade by paying the difference in price, but that your Platinum pass would have the same expiration date at the original Gold level pass.

thats what i was thinking/hoping .... I know that PHs can be upgraded to APs but i couldn't find anything that indicates I could definitely upgrade a gold to a platinum AP

thats what i was thinking/hoping .... I know that PHs can be upgraded to APs but i couldn't find anything that indicates I could definitely upgrade a gold to a platinum AP
You can always pay to upgrade an annual pass to a higher level during the year. As Chuck said, you pay the difference (they don't proarate the cost based on time left) and your expiration date remains the same.

At renewal time, you can upgrade/downgrade to any level of annual pass you are entitled to purchase.

If i buy a dvc discounted gold AP but then i decide to visit WDW at Christmas, can i upgrade the gold AP to platinum? (because of the gold blackout dates) Its not very likely that Id decide to go then but just in case I want to know what my options are.

:thanks:

We did that very thing in early 2016 - had Gold passes, but then had a trip with DD & DSiL that had to begin on Jan. 1 due to their work vacation schedules. So we paid the difference between Gold and Platinum in time to make our FPs for that trip, and when our APs expired in February we renewed at the Gold pass level, paying the Gold renewal price.

The problem is that you can only upgrade in person. And you can’t make FP+ for blackout periods until after you upgrade. If you aren’t local, that can cause problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter