• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

AP rates the best (and most available) discounts now?

Kapp

<font color=CC33CC>Tag patience is a virture I am
I know that Disney has about done away with a number of good/strong room discounts so we are considering purchasing a child AP to get the AP rate for a room. Any comments or help on this?

THANKS, in advance!

KAPP :rotfl2:

I've written twice before and been told it was fine. I just wrote again a few days ago, and haven't heard back. You can get various opinions on this by doign a search, but you are better off writing to guest services and asking for yourself, since it appears there are many opinions on this. Another gal just posted a note she got from guest services, that didn't agree with what my last note said, which was why I forwarded that note to guest services and asked what's up with this question, that we get different answers. I'll be posting the answer I get, if I ever get it.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you want to get the DDE card to save 20% on your sit down meals, you won't be able to request it with a child's AP. The AP holder must be an adult. I can't remember if they have to be over 18 or if it is 21, but it definitely can not be purchased with a child's AP.

DMRick said:
I've written twice before and been told it was fine. I just wrote again a few days ago, and haven't heard back. You can get various opinions on this by doign a search, but you are better off writing to guest services and asking for yourself, since it appears there are many opinions on this. Another gal just posted a note she got from guest services, that didn't agree with what my last note said, which was why I forwarded that note to guest services and asked what's up with this question, that we get different answers. I'll be posting the answer I get, if I ever get it.

For updating here when you hear back!!!!

Kapp

It was my understanding that the reservation name had to match that of the AP name, and that also had to match the name on the credit card used for the reservation. So does your child have a credit card, or are you planning on paying for the room another way? Maybe I misunderstood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter