AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

I'm not blaming Florida, just the guy who runs the state. He was bragging about how great he was doing. And yes, you're 100% right about there being lots of people from the NY metro area down there. I have two sets of friends who have gone down to Florida....they both have homes down there. They left here for "free-wheelin, masks are optional" Florida. One drove down with the family and they're still there. I'd expect they'll flee Florida soon for free-wheelin' NJ. The other friend flew down.. in her early 50s with her 15 year old daughter and 80 year old mother. They were down for 6 days...didn't quarantine...and they're back now...haven't heard if they have symptoms. My cousin flew down....with his wife. They were down for a number of days, stayed with her father and brother...and now they all have it.

So yep, people here are stupid too. But these "quarantines" are a joke. Nobody is enforcing anything. And a lot of people are not following the rules. Everyone feels like they're immune. And that is going to make this go on far too long, for all of us.
I agree to a point. Relying on Government does not, or should not, take away common sense. This has been in the news for months now. It has been drilled into our heads on every news channel. if a stronger enforcement went into place It would not do much go...imo. People are going to do whatever they want regardless of the consequences. I‘ve became a bit jaded since the Covid virus hit here.

The Disboards are littered with comments from "Quarantine Dodgers".
  • I'm not from NYC and my NY county has minimal cases reported.
  • My address is XYZ so I'm not from there but connecting through a Tri State airport.
  • If I connect to another airport can I bypass the quarantine.
  • How will Disney enforce the quarantine?
I hope those that have decided to travel to a Hot Spot aren't disappointed when the bars, retail and restaurants are closing their doors based on recent numbers.

The Disboards are littered with comments from "Quarantine Dodgers".
  • I'm not from NYC and my NY county has minimal cases reported.
  • My address is XYZ so I'm not from there but connecting through a Tri State airport.
  • If I connect to another airport can I bypass the quarantine.
  • How will Disney enforce the quarantine?
I hope those that have decided to travel to a Hot Spot aren't disappointed when the bars, retail and restaurants are closing their doors based on recent numbers.

And in my opinion those folks are wrong. If Disney says its safe to use my pass and DVC reservation I am going.

I will do so safely and follow the rules even if I don't agree. I'm fine with siding with caution. Step one is that EO dropping. If that doesn't drop, most us up here are toast. That's where the AP compensation comes in.....and was the original point of this thread. Disney needs to address the fact that we're still restricted from using our passes by virtue of the EO.

This really can all be solved by what Maine is doing....submit a negative test. Problem solved!

I agree to a point. Relying on Government does not, or should not, take away common sense. This has been in the news for months now. It has been drilled into our heads on every news channel. if a stronger enforcement went into place It would not do much go...imo. People are going to do whatever they want regardless of the consequences. I‘ve became a bit jaded since the Covid virus hit here.

I completely agree with you. We all should just be doing the right thing, while still participating in the economy the best we can, when it makes sense. No offense meant, and sorry if it came off that way.

And in my opinion those folks are wrong. If Disney says its safe to use my pass and DVC reservation I am going.

... That's where the AP compensation comes in.....and was the original point of this thread. Disney needs to address the fact that we're still restricted from using our passes by virtue of the EO...

Disney wasn't going to claim it is safe and instead deferred to state guidelines. That left potential guests trying to decipher the multiple orders themselves. And by the way read this health acknowledgement to confirm you assume all risk, aren't symptomatic and that you "are not under any self-quarantine orders".

As far as AP compensation, the only loss is just the 14 days for self quarantine. After the 14 days guests are free to visit.

Disney wasn't going to claim it is safe and instead deferred to state guidelines. That left potential guests trying to decipher the multiple orders themselves. And by the way read this health acknowledgement to confirm you assume all risk, aren't symptomatic and that you "are not under any self-quarantine orders".

As far as AP compensation, the only loss is just the 14 days for self quarantine. After the 14 days guests are free to visit.
But very few people can get the time off for quarantine, making use of the pass a practical problem, even if technically possible.

Right now, go quarantine in FL for two weeks, spend a week at Disney, quarantine for two weeks upon return to the tri-state area. I don’t know about you, but I definitely don’t get 5 weeks off from my job in the summer.

I don’t even have an AP, so I’m not personally affected, but I still think Disney isn’t doing right by those who are following the rules.

But very few people can get the time off for quarantine, making use of the pass a practical problem, even if technically possible.

Right now, go quarantine in FL for two weeks, spend a week at Disney, quarantine for two weeks upon return to the tri-state area. I don’t know about you, but I definitely don’t get 5 weeks off from my job in the summer.

I don’t even have an AP, so I’m not personally affected, but I still think Disney isn’t doing right by those who are following the rules.
14 days on both sides will be gone in weeks

If someone doesn't have the time off for a 14 day quarantine on either side of a vacation then perhaps it is not the right time to take a vacation. It would be selfish of me to ignore a state order and potentially put others at risk just because I don't have 5 weeks of time off. Right now that is the cost of traveling during a pandemic. IMO Disney isn't essential travel right now. Wanting to be there and needing to be there are two different things.

If someone doesn't have the time off for a 14 day quarantine on either side of a vacation then perhaps it is not the right time to take a vacation. It would be selfish of me to ignore a state order and potentially put others at risk just because I don't have 5 weeks of time off. Right now that is the cost of traveling during a pandemic. IMO Disney isn't essential travel right now. Wanting to be there and needing to be there are two different things.

I don't think this thread is debating that, but you are absolutely correct. The problem lies in that Disney policy restricts those who are subject to quarantine, stating they cannot enter property. THEREFORE they can't use their pass (or DVC for that matter). The question here is what compensation should be granted (if any) to the 3 states that are singled out here? This whole thread will be moot if the restriction is lifted prior to 7/11.

But it does open up a whole can of worms....what about hopping? Water Parks? The fact that AP holders paid for unlimited, unrestricted access. Is a one month extension enough?

A reminder of the DIS guidelines. No politics please. I know this is a hard issue to get around when we're talking EO but just limit the comments to what you are doing coming from the states on the title, or what is Disney doing for your specific cases

I don't think this thread is debating that, but you are absolutely correct. The problem lies in that Disney policy restricts those who are subject to quarantine, stating they cannot enter property. THEREFORE they can't use their pass (or DVC for that matter). The question here is what compensation should be granted (if any) to the 3 states that are singled out here? This whole thread will be moot if the restriction is lifted prior to 7/11.

But it does open up a whole can of worms....what about hopping? Water Parks? The fact that AP holders paid for unlimited, unrestricted access. Is a one month extension enough?
Exactly! I’m sorry if there was something in my post that looked like I was advocating not following orders. My intent was the opposite. I wasn’t pointing out the difficulty of adherence to the regulations as a reason to skirt the orders, but rather to highlight how impractical the ability to follow them is and still derive any benefit from an AP.

I was responding to a post by @JFox that said the only time an AP can’t be used is the 2 weeks before the trip. For most people, that means they can’t use the AP at all. This wasn’t what people signed up for when they paid a pretty significant sum for their APs. And while it’s true that all guests are having to adjust their expectations, I think Disney needs to get a little more creative and flexible towards AP holders in general, and those from the tri-state area in particular.

I would love to see the opportunity to freeze the AP until such a time as travel restrictions are lifted. It could even be an opt-in feature rather than a blanket extension. Then those who have the extra time to quarantine both ways could still go if they want, but those who really can’t devote that time would have the remaining length of the AP when they are actually able to use it.

The quarantine on Florida’s side will be gone in weeks because there’s no logic to extending it past the July 7 expiration. What the quarantine will look like in the tri-state area this summer will depend on how well Florida and other stares get their numbers under control.
Correct...but the 10% rate is not hard to get to

The quarantine on Florida’s side will be gone in weeks because there’s no logic to extending it past the July 7 expiration. What the quarantine will look like in the tri-state area this summer will depend on how well Florida and other stares get their numbers under control.
Hi ClapYourHands! New member of the DisBoards here. My family in NJ has a trip booked July 26 - August 11th, and in our research we cannot find anything confirming a July 7th expiration of the Florida executive order. Do you have any details on the July 7th expiration? Thank you!

Well, at midnight EST tonight it will be July 7th. Fingers crossed we hear SOMETHING. At this point, silence would be the worst.

I'm betting if there is any change, we'll hear news from the FDOT first. I'm sure they'll be the first to know in order to take down the checkpoint on I-95. This of course is assuming there won't be new restrictions from other hot spots at this point. Guess we'll see soon enough...

Just a quick update: Maybe its through today, but the checkpoint is still active on I-95 as of this morning.

Yes today. Today EO-52 is set to expire which everything is tied to. Thought maybe it was at midnight and we would see some movement this morning. So hopefully the order is THROUGH 7/7 and we'll get some news today.

The troubling thing is EO-52 is the main State of Emergency order for Florida which in the current state of things I can't see DeSantis not extending it. So hopefully if he extends it he amends the quarantine order like it did for Louisiana.

Yes today. Today EO-52 is set to expire which everything is tied to. Thought maybe it was at midnight and we would see some movement this morning. So hopefully the order is THROUGH 7/7 and we'll get some news today.

The troubling thing is EO-52 is the main State of Emergency order for Florida which in the current state of things I can't see DeSantis not extending it. So hopefully if he extends it he amends the quarantine order like it did for Louisiana.
I would hope so...NJ NY and CT are not an issue anymore

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter