AP holder - Can I get Dining Plan?

boomhauer

When the world gets in my face, I say - Have A Nic
A CM was telling me over the phone yesterday about the Dining Plan. Never paid much attention before, but after he explained, it sure sounds good.

Now, a couple questions:

1.I'm not on a package deal. We booked a room only at All Star Movies. I have an AP, and my wife and son both have 10 days MYW tickets. Can we still get the Dining Plan?

2.We're staying for 12 nights, but the maxium amount you can get the Dining Plan for is 10 nights. How do we swing that?

To get the dining plan, you have to purchase a package stay that includes a non-discounted room stay, at least a one day park ticket for each person in the party, and the dining. So, you would have to purchase at least a one day park ticket for each person in your group. You are probably getting a discounted room rate with your AP.

With the AP, you can purchase the DDE (Disney DIning Experience) card that gives you 20% off at most table service and some counter service restaurants. It is good for up to 10 people for one year from date of purchase. NOTE--this is a different thing totally than the dining plan.

The only way you can get the DDP (Disney Dining Plan) without the purchase of park tickets is if you are staying at a DVC resort on points--purchased or rented.

Thank you.

Kind of surprising that the CM on the phone tried for 20 minutes to sell me on it yesterday, knowing full well I didn't have a package deal. Maybe he didn't notice it. :confused3

Are you going during the time that they are offering free dining? If so maybe the reason the CM was trying so hard to talk you into it is because of the fact that you are staying so long it could really save you money.

We have AP's also, but when we are travelling during free dining we will pay rack rate for our rooms and buy a one day park ticket just to get the free dining, and it usually saves us over 1400 dollars. We can save the one day passes to use towards our next purchase of AP's, and we don't really have to buy ANY food while we are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter