AoA handicapped room questions

papadis

Earning My Ears
Can you get connecting rooms to a standard handicap rm? Also is there enough room in it for a ECV and will I need an extension cord to charge it. Thanks for any info!

I don't know about connecting rooms, but we just stayed at AoA in January and loved it. It was wonderful with plenty of space. Huge bathroom. You shouldn't need an extension cord to plug in your ECV. We plugged my son's wheelchair in right by the sink and table/bed.

It's been my personal experience at Disney that handicap rooms (those with roll-in showers and King beds) had the inside door to the adjacent room. I specifically remember this at POR, POFQ and ASMo. I can't say for sure at AoA. It makes sense to be set up this way, so that a caregiver/family can be privately close at hand.

I bring a power strip to plug into the wall outlet near the desk/tv/dresser. The wall outlet can be hard to reach, and of course, there's all the other things that need recharging, for which there never seems to be enough outlets (in the right places).

We stayed in a LM room in September, HA accessible with a tub, that was a connecting room. It was on the 3rd Floor in the Ursula Wing. It had a single King Bed in the room, so lots of space to move around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter