Anyone's AF DH Done a 365 TDY Down Range?

Longsx3

DIS Veteran
DH is still in Okinawa, while DD and I are in Tampa helping my MIL and DH has volunteered for a 365 TDY so that we have control over our Destiny. We are hoping for MacDill so that DD can stay in the same school District and near family, anyhow my question is how does AF handle Mid Tour?....DH did a 190 days downrange but there was no mid tour for that.

We are planning on meeting in Europe but we were not sure how much time he is given?

I think that once your DH serves half of his 365 days he gets to take 30 days off. My DH did this when he was in Korea for a year. Some people break them up, but financially for us, this did not work. He came home for one month in the middle. It was nice to have him home but really hard when he had to leave again.

Good Luck--hopefully this will work out in the long run. As you know, there are no guarantees in the military as to assignments.

Kerri

Thanks, we weren't sure if it was 15 or 30 days.

I know what you mean about the assignment and it worries me but with the AF they are pretty good with Base Preference for a 365 and he will actually know if Mac Dill is available before he is obligated to the deployment.

Thanks, we weren't sure if it was 15 or 30 days.

I know what you mean about the assignment and it worries me but with the AF they are pretty good with Base Preference for a 365 and he will actually know if Mac Dill is available before he is obligated to the deployment.

This is what we thought a few years back when my husband had to go Remote. All the places we wanted they said no way. My DH finally just asked what was available and we went with those options. I do hope that you get the assignment you want, it always makes things much easier.

Dh just came home from his remote on 1 sept! We did his 30 day midtour around the 7 month mark. I think it was harder the last half but we maded and he got his bop so that was awesome. It depends on his shop but some folks did their 30 days 4 months in or 10 months in, it just depends, but usually folks try to do it at the half way mark.

My DH is currently in Iraq for a 365. He will be taking his midtour at about the 7 month mark but he has been told is is 15 days and not 30. I hope that we are wrong and previous posters are correct. As far as a follow on, we don't have one yet, but are probably going to ask for a 24 month deferrment to stay where we are now as my family lives here in town and I have a very good job in a local hospital.

That said, I am not sure what your husband does but I know that for us (DH is an Intel Officer) they like to move us around a lot so I don't know if we will get the deferrment for not. I hope we will at least get some input into our next assignment as we have done in the past.

Hope this helps!

HeatherFeather,

We have also heard 15days :(...I think it is the 365 vs a remote. I am also going to PM you.

I just thought I would update: Dh got the 365 he volunteered for and his Base of Preference, he leaves in April and will report to MacDill in May 2010 so it looks like we will be here until DD graduates in 2014! I just can't wait until we are all in one house again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter