Anyone using the Fuji XT2 or the XT20? Who has gone over to the light(er) side?

I just purchased the X-T20. Fuji has a sale going on. It comes with the XF 18-55mm lens. Amazon had a 4-year Square Trade extended warranty for cheap enough to warrant it (it includes getting wet). I also ordered the 50-140mm f/2.8 lens. For all 3, it is almost the same price as the X-T2 with the 18-55mm lens. I couldn't justify the cost of the X-T2. I can't wait for it to get here. I need to get a new strap, an extra memory card, and some extra batteries now.

I have a few weeks to practice and learn the system. I hope to have a ton of great pictures from WDW in a few weeks.

Thanks Sharona. I am I am seriously considering listing my gear on eBay and keeping my eyes peeled for deals. I don't know if I can afford the X-T2. I have to buy the 50-140mm f/2.8 for my daughter's sports. If they have a great BF deal or I can find an excellent used version, I might be able to make the reach. Otherwise, I will have to "settle" on the X-T20.

Not sure what sport your daughter plays but I've enjoyed the 18-55 and the 50-230 combo at my daughter's softball games and come away with so many more keepers than I'd ever gotten with my old sports combo of Nikon 7100 and Tamron 70-300 (admittedly, the Nikon AF system remained a mystery to me even after many years of trying to figure it out...). Here are a few I took with just the "kit" lens and the el cheapo 50-230. Granted softball is not the fastest action in the world...

Thank you for sharing. I have a learning curve to get through over the next couple weeks. I should have a ton of time to try things out over Thanksgiving, then a slammed pack week of work in order to get ready to leave, and then we are there. I did just get a great deal on the 50-140mm so that rounds out my initial lenses. I will see if I can find a wide prime to take. My old camera strap is a little more worn that I will want on new gear. I am looking at the Peak Gear Leash.

Man oh man all the things I forget when getting new gear. I had to think of what I needed for the upcoming trip. I did find a fairly fast prime that has great reviews. I found what I think will be a perfect backpack for the trip on a lightning deal. It folds up into its own pouch and has tons main space. I bought a small padded camera case that fits perfectly in the backpack as well. As far as the camera goes, I think I am done with buying for a long while now.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. I have a learning curve to get through over the next couple weeks. I should have a ton of time to try things out over Thanksgiving, then a slammed pack week of work in order to get ready to leave, and then we are there. I did just get a great deal on the 50-140mm so that rounds out my initial lenses. I will see if I can find a wide prime to take. My old camera strap is a little more worn that I will want on new gear. I am looking at the Peak Gear Leash.

Man oh man all the things I forget when getting new gear. I had to think of what I needed for the upcoming trip. I did find a fairly fast prime that has great reviews. I found what I think will be a perfect backpack for the trip on a lightning deal. It folds up into its own pouch and has tons main space. I bought a small padded camera case that fits perfectly in the backpack as well. As far as the camera goes, I think I am done with buying for a long while now.

Don't forget extra batteries! I got the genuine Fuji batteries as I didn't want to void my warranty using off market.

Yes, I got a set of 4 batteries. They are a brand I have used on several cameras (P&S and DSLR). I am not worried about warranty because my extended covers what Fuji doesn't.

I took my x-t2 on a recent trip on the Wonder to Alaska. Very happy with the results
full

I have only had the X-T20 for the weekend. I did not get as much time with it as I wanted. I do love the weight and size far more than my Canon 7D. I have only taken a few shots. Most my time is spent reading and gathering information. The biggest issue I have at the moment is the shooting mode. There is no quick dial (at least none I have found) to switch to Manual, Aperture Priority, etc. I may just be overlooking it. I will learn it soon.

If it helps any, I *only* have an x-t10 and it's amazing (my primary camera for professional shooting is a Canon 5diii with L lenses, so that's what I'm comparing to). The X-T20 would be even better. So even if you had to settle I think you'd be pretty happy with it coming from a 7D. The weight just can't be beat!

yes, the size and weight of mirrorless systems can't be beat
and mirrorless can use the big DSLR lens with a $ 19 adapter ................ very nice
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Coming from Canon, there is a slight learning curve. I have not had tons of time with my X-T20 yet. I did insure the firmware was all updated, took a few pics in Auto mode, and started updating settings from the 120 tips book. I know I will not carry all of the stuff when I am at Disney, but to put it in perspective, weight is drastically less. My 7D + Sigma 17-50mm Sigma lens is the same weight of the X-T20 + 18-55mm + 50-140mm. I would only take the 50-140mm to AK. If I do that, I would get a locker to store it in after KS. That lens is also about half the size of the 70-200mm f/2.8 I got rid of. I have only taken about 10 pictures and have absolutely no regrets.

The Fuji’s are awesome cameras. I’ve shot with most of them. It’s just as easy to set the camera in shutter or aperture priority. Instead of a mode dial, just turn the shutter dial to auto and your in AP. Turn the aperture dial to auto and it’s shutter priority. You can use auto ISO in both of you’d like. You don’t need all of the fancy mode dials with Fuji.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter