Anyone thinking of adding on at Island Tower at Poly

we never had an issue doing a split stay before but now we just do BWV, my family loves it there.

Nope. Been a member since 1995. Disney & the DVC has changed immeasurably in that time (not for the better). As empty nesters, thinking of selling.

No go for us. We mostly stay in 1 BR's or studios for short trips. Looks like a spectacular addition, but the only way I would have considered adding on if it was a separate association like BRV/CCV.

Last edited:
With the Poly tower being part of Poly rather than a standalone, I was less tempted to add on there - moreso with the point charts.

I've tried to make a point over the years to stay at every DVC property in WDW (as well as every resort hotel). With these points, I'm not sure I'll ever squeeze in the tower - maybe I'll try once during one of the cheap point seasons (I did Grand Floridian once, for the same reason - points just not worth it for me).

I've stayed in all of the DVCs except Riviera...I have stayed at Poly both as hotel and as DVC studio, so I can at least say I have stayed at that DVC resort even if I don't try the tower. Riv's points are high too, and rooms small, so I haven't yet decided if or when to try it. The only other DVC I haven't yet stayed at are the Fort Wilderness Cabns, which I've stayed at dozens of times before they were DVC - I've got them booked for January, so I'll be back down to Riviera as the only one again...and when the Poly tower opens...I may try to put it on the future list if I have a lot of leftover points to bank one year and just decide to blow it.

Nope. Been a member since 1995. Disney & the DVC has changed immeasurably in that time (not for the better). As empty nesters, thinking of selling.
We have been members since 1996 and are finally empty nesters and use our membership more than ever. Life just got in the way before. I do agree that not all (most) of the changes have not been all that great but for use a bad day at Disney beats almost anything else.

I've stayed in all of the DVCs except Riviera...I have stayed at Poly both as hotel and as DVC studio, so I can at least say I have stayed at that DVC resort even if I don't try the tower. Riv's points are high too, and rooms small, so I haven't yet decided if or when to try it. The only other DVC I haven't yet stayed at are the Fort Wilderness Cabns, which I've stayed at dozens of times before they were DVC - I've got them booked for January, so I'll be back down to Riviera as the only one again...and when the Poly tower opens...I may try to put it on the future list if I have a lot of leftover points to bank one year and just decide to blow it.
Riviera’s point charts are high but the rooms are not small aside from the tower studio lol.

We're pretty well set with the points we currently have. That doesn't mean if something popped up that really really interests us, we wouldn't buy more. But the new Poly is not the least bit interesting at this point. It's too uncertain being in the same association as the original. So so many points already out there with the orig Poly owners, shorter lease, the price right now.....? No thank you - an easy pass. Maybe we'll try it with our current points at 7 months eventually.....

Part of me feels like we’re committed to Poly tower because we intentionally passed up VGF for this and it would be a slap in the face to us personally to buy VGF resale at 150+ when we had the opportunity to buy direct at 161. We just like the laid back vibe of Poly even though it’ll probably be crowded but also I see us staying more frequently there than I do at VGF because we like the easy walk to TTC to monorail to Epcot.

For us to consider an MK resort it has to be on the monorail. CCV is excluded for that reason and only that reason because we otherwise love that resort. I like BLT but I don’t feel that bad paying the premium for lake view which is usually available at 7 months aside from really popular booking periods so I don’t particularly feel a need to own there. VGF is.. well VGF, I like the public areas of the resort like the restaurants and lobby but wasn’t a fan of the multiple building layout which is why we waited for the tower which now has a really expensive point chart as expected. Sooo all that to say we probably will still be buying at Poly in a year and a half or so. Fortunately we already have a large chunk of points at RIV and I’d just like to have enough to cover 3 nights in a 2BR annually or a week every other year so maybe 200-250 ish?

It’ll be interesting to see how Reflections 2.0 turns out but I still don’t see us buying there again because of the lack of monorail access 🤔

Sorry for rambling on in this post LOL
If it makes you feel any better I also hate myself for not getting VGF when we had the chance 😂

I have seen many posts here about being in the same Condo Association as being an issue. Why? Seems like the contract would be covered under the "original 14" rules, which is a plus, or is it?

That's good to know - I had seen that tower studio thing and it looked tiny - assumed the 1-bedrooms might be a little smaller too, kind of like BLT's.
All of the other room categories are in the top 3 in size of DVC if you exclude non-WDW properties mostly 2nd place but yes the towers are tiny 😂

Unfortunately though because of that room category many people assume the rest of the rooms are small. The easiest way to generate some views is to show the tower studio on youtube and be like this is tiny and say it’s expensive 🤪

With the Poly tower being part of Poly rather than a standalone, I was less tempted to add on there - moreso with the point charts.
Just out of curiosity what did you think the points chart would look like? PVB and VGF studios were always similar so I always assumed the 1bedroom+ would fall in line with that.

Just out of curiosity what did you think the points chart would look like? PVB and VGF studios were always similar so I always assumed the 1bedroom+ would fall in line with that.
Point charts wasn't a surprise. PVB was always had a higher point chart from the beginning.

For me the point charts were hard to predict since all Poly ever had was studios and bungalows - I had some thought that tower points might end up around the same level as Boardwalk preferred and Wilderness Lodge's Boulder Ridge.

I added a dues column to my chart. A major on going expense that can really add up.

Resort1 br2 brDues $/PT
DLH2924389.5307
VGC2913908.5544
BLT226/257/305306/338/4177.5902
BWV180/234237/2998.6711
OKW1812469.8666
Poly278/339/387394/456/5608.2301
GF282/340387/4587.5740
RIV259/328341/4098.8508
Whenever I calculate Aulani or DLH dues, I at least add a +, because you cannot actually use those points without paying the Transient Tax. It can throw those dues off a Lot in a comparison.

At DLH a 50 point night (March 15 period Fri Nite) is $143.45 - 143.45 divided by 50 is an additional $2.87 per point. In my mind, annual dues are not $9.53, but around $12.40 per point ($9.53 + $2.87). Umm, yikes. Grand Californian, for example, has the Tax already in the dues, so no separate charge per stay.

Last edited:
I am definitely thinking of adding on at Poly. I have plenty of resale points, but wanted some direct points for a while to make sure I have the ability to stay a future resorts. The direct benefits and discounts not so important.

I have considered direct at SSR and OKW while the incentives were in play, but those resorts just don’t need the home resort priority and/ or the dues are a little high and likely to increase faster than PVB in my view.

I have also considered RIV but I just can’t get comfortable with how the resale restrictions will affect value if I ever need to sell. Plus I don’t love RIV.

I think Poly will be the last chance to get direct points at a new resort without the resale restrictions, plus it is a fantastic… I’m going for it!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest