Anyone remember the Tangaroa Terrace?

sotoalf

DIS Veteran
Talking with my mom the other day we reminisced about the great breakfasts we enjoyed at the Terrace in the mid to late 1980s.

Anyone else remember eating there? We never went for dinner, so I'm curious to know what was on the menu over the years.

Also, why did it close? It used to get pretty packed for breakfast. It was a great option for those guests staying in the more remote longhouses closest to the TTC.

We ate dinner there on a last minute whim in 1995. It was the last night of our honeymoon and Hurricane Erin was hitting. Since the parks had closed down we stayed in at the Poly that evening.
I remember it was a good buffet, but the silly part is all I remember having was a bit of the macaroni and cheese they had for the kids, LOL! Ill have to check with DH to see if he remembers what else we had there. :D

I think they still use it for private parties. They have Kona Cafe and 'Ohanas, they probably didn't need a third restaurant.

We had many breakfasts there...loved it. When we first started dining there it was ala carte. They added the buffet later although I think oredering from a menu always remained an option at breakfast.

Didn't dine there for dinner as often. But again in the early 80's anyway it was a la carte. Later...maybe early 90's, they offered a different themed buffet each night. No menu at that point I'm pretty sure.

I think as more dining options opened in all the added hotels and even MGM, it wasn't as busy anymore especially in the evening. Breakfast was a place that we always made PSs for to avoid a line.

They offered the now famous Tonga Toast long before Kona replaced Coral Isle Cafe. At least as early as 1983 which was our first stay at the Polynesian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter