• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone having luck at Target with Disney Gift Cards?

My credit card gets me points to earn gift cards. I charge all my monthly Bill's and gas and groceries and pay it off in full each month. I use those points to get target cards and then trade them for Disney cards. I've about paid for dining for a 2 week trip this summer using that method.

Which credit card is that?

Do you think target pay/vs. swiping the actual red card makes a difference? We tried to pay with gift cards today and the computer system wouldn’t allow it. Northern VA

I did $600 in Target GC to Disney GC on Friday in Tomball TX (NW Houston). Self check out. Purchased about $20 of other stuff and paid with my Target wallet in the app. No problems at all.

I bought $200 worth of disney cards and applied $25 worth of target free with purchase gift cards I've collected and had no issues. Paid balance with my red card/debit. NE Ohio, Cleveland area. Used self check out because, well I like the self check out. LOL

Hi! Also in Massachusetts. I had no problem at all at the Westborough Target, using my Target GC's. I did have an issue with a card activating in Millbury. After almost an hour up there, they fixed it for me though.

Just went to Target and could not find one Disney gift card in stock. Last time I went a few weeks ago they had five $25 cards. Wonder if they stopped stocking Disney GC???
Anyone else having any luck buying Disney GC at Target?

Just went to Target and could not find one Disney gift card in stock. Last time I went a few weeks ago they had five $25 cards. Wonder if they stopped stocking Disney GC???
I was at my local target (ohio) two days ago and they had tons of Disney gc and I had no problem using my target gc to get a Disney one.
They didn't have much Disney merchandise like the other targets though. One small table with a couple things in the entire store and that was it.

Anyone else having any luck buying Disney GC at T
in my Target, they are stocked in the electronic section. They have a whole aisle of assorted gift cards.

Good to know. I will check there next time. I only checked the endcaps where they usually have tons.

I had some problem finding $25 cards at a Target in Nashville. I went to a different location in town and they had plenty. It's probably just a stocking issue.

It was that way at Chattanooga last week. Hardly any at all. Found some at the check out lanes, and there weren't many there.

I had some problem finding $25 cards at a Target in Nashville. I went to a different location in town and they had plenty. It's probably just a stocking issue.
The last time that this happened, they were changing to new designs, so it may be that as well.

I’m trying to understand this churning business. So, if I buy a discount target gift card from raise, I can then use said gift card in store at target to buy Disney gift cards? How do you get the target 5% off since you won’t be paying with a credit card?

I’m trying to understand this churning business. So, if I buy a discount target gift card from raise, I can then use said gift card in store at target to buy Disney gift cards? How do you get the target 5% off since you won’t be paying with a credit card?
You don't.

Thanks! So I would do just as well to just buy the gift cards from target with my target card and get the 5% off?
That depends, If you can purchase the discounted Target GCs with a rewards credit card while shopping thru a reward portal for extra savings, you may do better buy the Target GC thru Raise (or other gift card reseller). For instance, Swagbucks offer 1% back for shopping at Raise thru their portal. I have a Discover card that pays 1% back and since I'm in my first year of being a card holder, they will match that cash back on my anniversary. So 2% back with my credit card. There's a discount code on Raise that will give an additional 3% off the price of a Target GC, So if I were to purchase a $500 Target GC, I would get it for $472.39. I would earn $9.45 from my Discover IT card and $4.72 from Swagbucks. The overall cost of the Target GC would end up being $458.22. That's a savings of 8.36%.

ETA - I just noticed that Target and Walmart GCs are not eligible for SB's 1% back on Raise. eBates does offer the 1% with no exclusions.

That depends, If you can purchase the discounted Target GCs with a rewards credit card while shopping thru a reward portal for extra savings, you may do better buy the Target GC thru Raise (or other gift card reseller). For instance, Swagbucks offer 1% back for shopping at Raise thru their portal. I have a Discover card that pays 1% back and since I'm in my first year of being a card holder, they will match that cash back on my anniversary. So 2% back with my credit card. There's a discount code on Raise that will give an additional 3% off the price of a Target GC, So if I were to purchase a $500 Target GC, I would get it for $472.39. I would earn $9.45 from my Discover IT card and $4.72 from Swagbucks. The overall cost of the Target GC would end up being $458.22. That's a savings of 8.36%.

ETA - I just noticed that Target and Walmart GCs are not eligible for SB's 1% back on Raise. eBates does offer the 1% with no exclusions.

Thanks so much for that explanation. Google isn’t being my friend at the moment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter