Anyone familiar with New Port Richey, Fl?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Wondering if anyone here is familiar with New Port Richey? We are heading to Orlando in February but may visit my cousins who have a place here? We are trying to decide how many days to stay and wonder if it is a decent area or somewhere we really don’t want to stay? Are there things to do? Any advice or suggestions is really appreciated.

I would also ask your cousins. The area was hit by a hurricane a year or so ago. I would check to see how things have rebuilt and reopened.

I’ve been there many times to visit family. We always had a boat at our disposal, so we were usually out on the water. There was always a great sandbar hang out spot, plus Anclote Key State Park is nice.

Tarpon Springs is close and has a cool history of sponging and some very good Greek restaurants. Dunedin is a bit farther, with a nice downtown, restaurants, brew pubs, and parks. Clearwater is not too far past that.

There are great beaches just south in Clearwater, St Pete, Madeira, etc but I find it too cold in February. I've only been to New Port Richey a few times because I bought a car there 😂

Tarpon Springs is wonderful for a few hours. Sponge docks, Greek food, cool shops. I always take family there if we are looking for something interesting to do.

And of course you could drive further south to the activities along the coast into St Pete or even Tampa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter