Anyone ever had a handicapped accessable room on the cruise?? Ajoining rooms

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
We would like to go on the Dsiney Cruise in July. We requested a handicapped accessible room catagory 5 with a connecting room for Grandma. We were told that handicapped rooms do not ajoin with other rooms. Is this the case........Darn it would make things so much easier if we could have ajoining rooms.......

I don't know the answer for the cruise, but usually you want to ask for Connecting rooms.
In hotel/hospitality industry, connecting rooms usually mean the ones that have a door inside the room that you can use to connect them together.
Adjoining rooms sounds like they would be that, but they are usually actually just rooms that are next to each other. So, all connecting rooms are also adjoining rooms, but not all adjoining rooms connect.

Ahhhhhh thnak you!!! Does anyone know if the cruise offers connecting rooms with one room having handicapped accessebility?? We tired a few years ago with one room not handicapped accessible and it was a nightmare. We carried DS into the room folded up the chair , got the chair into the room set it up and put DS into it.......it was terrible This time we are booking early so we get a accessible room.

D said:
Ahhhhhh thank you!!! Does anyone know if the cruise offers connecting rooms with one room having handicapped accessibility??

If you refer to the deck and stateroom diagrams on the DCL website you can see the location of each of the HA staterooms on each of the ships. Those that have connecting doors have a special symbol, a triangle?, or a set of double wavy lines? that indicates the door location. There is also a key to the symbols in the diagram....

No, there aren't any connecting accessible staterooms - they can only be "side by side", or rather next door to each other. It has always made things difficult for my party of 5 as none of the accessible staterooms accomodate that many guests in one stateroom.---Kathy

Not having been on a cruise, I can't really answer any questions. I was really curious though.
When I looked at the cruise line ship diagram on the Disney website, it does appear that there are connecting accessible staterooms on deck 8. It's hard to read the little plan, but staterooms 8100 and 8102 look like they have the icon for connecting and also 8600 and 8602.
Those look like the only connecting accessible rooms on the whole ship. I can't tell what class they are because the colors are so close, but they look like either 1 or 3. I was surprised how few accessible rooms there are total.:(

SueM in MN said:
When I looked at the cruise line ship diagram on the Disney website, it does appear that there are connecting accessible staterooms on deck 8. It's hard to read the little plan, but staterooms 8100 and 8102 look like they have the icon for connecting and also 8600 and 8602.
Those look like the only connecting accessible rooms on the whole ship. I can't tell what class they are because the colors are so close, but they look like either 1 or 3. I was surprised how few accessible rooms there are
total.:(

The accessible staterooms that you see with doors connecting to an adjoining room are Category 3.

thanks. that's what I thought, but the colors were close on my computer.

Yes, those are suites and are very expensive, esp. if you needed two of them. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter